• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's with Honda

Crilly

Reaction score
Visit site
:D. Is Honda run by idiots? What's the deal, you cannot get parts. Back ordered for months. Not just accessories, but brake peddles and shift levers. I would hate to buy a car and get rear ended. Never see it again. Thanks for letting me rant.

:D. Is Honda run by idiots? What's the deal, you cannot get parts. Back ordered for months. Not just accessories, but brake peddles and shift levers. I would hate to buy a car and get rear ended. Never see it again. Thanks for letting me rant.

Have you ever owned a BMW?

lol. I had much the same rant when I had my beemer, heehee. Not only were the parts vaporware, they were $$$$$$$$ to boot! :eek:

Honda normally does not have this problem but the issues related to the tsunami are probably to blame. I have been a Honda owner for many years and this complaint is completely at odds to my experience.

Inventory is money. The more parts tied up in parts is money wasted for the business. So the dealership has sophisticated programs to help it determine which parts to have on hand locally, and which to get from a national warehouse. Brake peddles and shift levers don't seem like they'd be high turnover items, especially on a newly introduced bike.

Chris

Brand new model in it's first year means you might have to wait. As was stated, other factors outside of Honda's control could be a factor too as could a higher demand than expected.

Sorry to hear about your parts issues. I haven't needed many parts for the NC, but the ones I have ordered were not back ordered. I am however curious as to why you need both a shift lever and brake pedal. Most accidents damage one or the other side of a bike, but not both.

Bob

Hi sirs...it is not HONDA per se.
It is the local dealers....

Over here, we get pretty much everything organised.
Parts will arrive in 6-8 weeks...somethings 6-8 months...depending.
Prices are 2 kidneys with a little cash on top.
Well, you just got to learn the bikes are not charity and they costs alot.
:D
Welcome to the jungle.

Oh I thought a CRF250L would be fun. I went on a tough ride and got way to tired and went down way to many times. How ever I am still waiting for a Honda tall screen for my NC700x.

The object here is to keep the bike upright and on its wheels. Order the givi tall screen it looks way better than the honda,does a better job, and is less money.

When I owned my '06 V-Rod it was the same with HD trying to get parts on a 5-6year old bike. I think in the future it will get much better with this bike. Just difficult due to the fact that the bike is still so new.

I usually check Bike Bandito for OEM schematics to see how the parts a located. But they don't list the NC700 yet. I will soon purchase a shop manual. I found this Honda site with factory schematics. 2012 Honda NC700X AC PEDAL | Babbitts Honda Parts House
I would presume that since this bike is a shared platform that cross referencing parts would be a dealers first priority to keep a customer happy. And not even this specific bike but other Honda's.
PEDAL, BRAKE (COO) 46500-MGS-305 This part number gets hits for Honda Brake pedals
I would be glad to sell you my OEM clutch and brake levers since I have switched them out for adjustable levers. L & R lever for 20 bucks plus shipping. PM me
BigE

I think it's more that they way underestimated how well the bike would do (especially in the US). After disappointing sales/reaction to the DN-01 and NT700V, I'm guessing they didn't want to saddle themselves with a bunch of unsold accessories.

Who would have thought that an under powered (yes, compared to it's closest contemporaries) all new model that did not fit into a specific category would sell like hot cakes?? I can't remember the last time one bike appeared on the covers of so many bike publications (especially Cycle World for the last several issues) and was received almost universally in a positive way.

Back