• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What's your top speed?

dduelin

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There are some on-line videos showing a NC700X at 189 kph on the speedometer. My 700X seems to be limited to about 165 or 105 mph (on a closed course of course, do not try this at home). While I did not buy this bike as a track or racing motorcycle I am curious why it cannot reach a speed I have seen in the video. The speed is verified with a GPS.

Hi Dave, this is bait right? Weight? Wind? Camber/angle of road? Sun/Moon? Tire pressure. So many factors. Best yet, ask Rossi. :p

I would like to help out, but I probably haven't got much passed 75 mph yet. Of course if I did exceed the limit, it would be on a private road.

I read somewhere that the Honda speedometer is about 10% off the real GPS speed. Is this your point? :D I have yet to pass 150kmh on mine (looking at speedo, not GPS).

My speedometer is less than 1 mph off at any speed I have ran as of yet. My odometer is also very close. My other two bikes are off as much as 7 mph.
I run Garman CS60 on my NCX.

No, I have an accurate speedometer like turbodiesel says. I calibrated it against a GPS and had the GPS on the bike when I did the top speed runs running both ways to average out influence of wind or grade. It goes 105 mph 169 kph. That is plenty fast but I ask because of the on-line views of this bike obtaining 189 kph in Europe or the UK are clearly seen. Mine pulls strong right up to 105 mph and no more, almost like it was electronically governed at that speed.

I have never been above 150 km/h, but to tell the truth, there is not much more to get from the X at those speeds. All the construction is aiming at low rev where it performs perfectly.

Quite honestly I think that if top speed is a persons #1 priority then maybe the NC is not the bike for them I bought the NC for economy on the commute. When I want more speed or acceleration then I ride my Crossrunner

Mine goes over 180 km/h in the speedometer (must be about 170 real) without probs, just it needs me hidden behind my Givi screen. Of course I have tested this not in the road but in Motorland-Alcañiz, which is very near to where I live ;)

There are some on-line videos showing a NC700X at 189 kph on the speedometer. My 700X seems to be limited to about 165 or 105 mph (on a closed course of course, do not try this at home). While I did not buy this bike as a track or racing motorcycle I am curious why it cannot reach a speed I have seen in the video. The speed is verified with a GPS.

I get where your coming from dduelin.

"You don't have to understand what I'm saying, you just have to listen to what I'm saying" Right? lol

Well I've gotten up to 115 mph downhill slope/grade on a straight clean road.

Numbers from the speedometer itself.

Please nobody* tell me that its not accurate, I'm just telling you what it said.

I got 104 on a slight upward incline on my S model. This was gps verified and felt like the bike had a lil more to give. Was against a bit of a wind too. Highly doubt I will ride this bike at that speed again as it is more comfy at around 85 - 90 mph as a top crusing speed being a naked bike.

Last edited:
As an engineer, I'm going to be kicking myself for mixing units here but bear with me. I had my bike out to the airfield one evening and decided to see what she could spit out. 5000' of bare, flat pave got up to 180 km/h. Probably could have squeezed a bit more out of her but it was hard to see in the dark where the tarmac ended and the grass began so I was careful. As I recall, she got up to 130 or so no problem and then took a while to get any more speed on.

Flatout across the AZ desert... Maybe a slight uphill grade (not much)... GPS saw 88.1 Then Passed by a DL650 riding 2 up...........

Here's a video that shows the bike on test equipment. The equipment calculates what the bike's top speed is.
Do we believe the test equipment? Maybe...
but to answer the question...what's my top speed? ....... 75...
I won't take this bike, or any bike, much past that. I didn't buy it because it was a speed demon...there are plenty of other bikes that do that.
TOP SPEED 188.26 KPH = 116.97 MPH
Makes me wonder why they didn't test in in 6th gear, just 3,4, and 5.

[video=youtube;DjvV08fjr00]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjvV08fjr00[/video]

Last edited:
Back