• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Where's Beemerphile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnielover

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't read any posts from Lee recently, my main source of useful tidbits on motorcycles in general and the NC700x in particular. I suspect its nothing more than he's off on an extended trip, but just checking in; hope all's well.

I did PM (Private Message) him, and the reply came from another board OP.
I don't think it's classified or private information, so here goes.

He's taking a break... not wanting to be the focus of that evil person who posted moronic criticism of Beemerphile here on this forum.
I miss him and look forward to his return.

I did PM (Private Message) him, and the reply came from another board OP.
I don't think it's classified or private information, so here goes.

He's taking a break... not wanting to be the focus of that evil person who posted moronic criticism of Beemerphile here on this forum.
I miss him and look forward to his return.

I think we all do. I'd rather have the occasional disruption of the moron's presence than have us deprived of Lee's experience, knowledge, wit and odd charm.

Having any member feel a need to be quiet in order to placate one cowardly asocial lackwit is a small-scale version of "the terrorists have won" and I would hope all of us feel that way and let it be known.

Very sorry for him, hope he will be back soon. He proved to be a very nice and kind guy when he coached me into this forum (there was some registration trouble).

Not knowing what is going on here (I am not a regular user and I am focussed to only a tiny selection of topics), it seems to me this is a legitimate and wise way of showing frustration about things.
Actually this thread proves it well. You miss him. You would probably not miss the opponent (no idea about).
To me this is an important social skill that might help alleviate even big trouble without violence: take care for each other. You might not even need to speak a word.
Jerking left to morons: unimportant.

However, I do not believe this is related to anything like 'terrorists have won' (referring to Mike Cashs post), which has become a highly politically abused term and should not be discussed in a peaceful motorbike forum :)

The thing I personally need to realize over and over again: we are all totally different, with a totally different attitude about riding bikes, as a matter of fact. Still there is one important thing in common: taking care about each other. And it does not necessarily take many words for this to accomplish. A lack of words might work as well, as long as people take care about.

Phil

However, I do not believe this is related to anything like 'terrorists have won' (referring to Mike Cashs post), which has become a highly politically abused term and should not be discussed in a peaceful motorbike forum :)

"Small scale"

The cowardly misbehavior of a single individual has succeeded in its goal of disrupting the group and removing a valued friend from our collective bosom.

While you may not like the phrase, it is apt and accurate. Perhaps if you actually knew what is going on you might not find such fault with it.

Just so Phil and others can understand. There is a cowardly halfwit who kept registering under a false name and hurling abuse. The halfwit's posts were eliminated and its user-id cancelled. Unfortunately the cowardly bum head is believed to be still consuming more oxygen than it is worth.

Apologies for my aggressive language - but I cannot stand sneaky cowards who dare not stand up openly for what they believe.

the internet are full of these finger warriors.
just a bunch of nerds with no friends ..these types we can do well without.
I never hide behind a computer. if I've got some thing that needed to be said I'll post it.
if it concerns an individual I'll pm him and not the admistrater with my gripe.
we all make mistakes in a heat of a moment.
so let the man have a break for awhile,he'll come back when he's ready.

I hate to hear this! I must have missed the controversial posts. I tend to skip over and not read posts that I see are going down that road. I know once it gets to that point the chances of anyone changing the other's opinion is pretty much non existent.

Beemerphile is a wealth of information that I am sure all of us have greatly benefited from. The fact that he was treated this way is horrible. I had noticed his absence but thought he was out on one of his Iron Butt rides and was eagerly awaiting a posting of his adventures.
As I have stated in this forum many times before, whenever I want to do a Mod, I go find one of his posts talking about how he did the Mod, and I learn from his postings, usually everything I need to know to make my decision.

I hope he IS out riding, as that is the best form of healing I have found... and I think for him, it definitely is!

Attachments

• Happy motorclist.jpg
    Happy motorclist.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 219
I also noticed Lee absence and thought he was in one of that long rides he loves so much. Probably I have missed the offending posts because the different time zones. Lee is one of those rare guys that soon or later the majority will calificate as excepcional. Sometimes a break is good and needed, but I hope he will be back ASAP

Just so Phil and others can understand. There is a cowardly halfwit who kept registering under a false name and hurling abuse. The halfwit's posts were eliminated and its user-id cancelled. Unfortunately the cowardly bum head is believed to be still consuming more oxygen than it is worth.

Apologies for my aggressive language - but I cannot stand sneaky cowards who dare not stand up openly for what they believe.

Thanks for the clarification... it seems that a lot more happened when I was off and (due to removing of these posts) I had absolutely no idea that Lee is not having holidays!

Could someone PM me and give me a short story of what actually happened (I don't want any unnecessary content in this thread).

Lee:

Don't let the a**hole feel like he won. There are more people in here (including myslef) absolutely delighted with your knowledge and willingness to help.

What is more heavy on the scale of your forum-life?

Come back, plenty of people missing you!

I agree your presence on this site is invaluable COME BACK!!!!

I live just up the road from ya, lets go riding in the mountains one day.....shoot me a PM

Almost unnoticed a few weeks ago there was a brief exchange on another forum where someone posted a personal attack on him. I saw the initial post and commented but almost immediately the posts disappeared and I thought no more of it.

When I noticed Lee's absence here recently I reached out and we corresponded a few times privately about what happened and his decision. I am conflicted because I admire his character in that he did not want himself or the forum to suffer from unnecessary crap flying back and forth and at the same time I feel a bully got his way and the forum suffers from the loss of Lee's knowledge and experience.

This internet is a two edge sword. Now people can come together and freely share information and experience in a global community without borders but it's anonymity also allows people to say and do things they likely wouldn't do face to face or even in a group of strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back