• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which camera do you use?

I am in no way affiliated... blah blah.

I recently bought a Drift Ghost.
Full 1080P HD, water proof right out of the box, adjustable FOV angle, 360° rotatable lens, can take still shots whilst filming without interruption, comes with a wrist remote, a helmet mount, a bike mount, goggle mounts.
There is a free app for smart phones and tablets, that allows your device to become a complete remote control to adjust all the settings, and to give you life view (a slight delay)

Here she be, attached to my helmet.

IMG_1216.jpg

And here be a sample.
Me and the wife out over the weekend, still breaking in her CB, with some great views.

Out for a ride 1 - YouTube

I've used a Contour for skiing the past 5 years. It has worked well and has been easy to use, except one of the batteries is hard to remove. I bought a handle-bar mount intending to use on motorcycle or bike, but haven't gotten around to it. Meanwhile, I found this yesterday and thought it looked interesting - waterproof case with Optrix lens. I wouldn't wear it on a helmet, but would consider mounting it on the bike. Anyone have experience with this or something similar?
Optrix | Ultimate iPhone Photography Gear
ps. fwiw, the contour has a built-in GPS, so you can see your route in satellite view while looking at the movie.

I have GoPro Hero 2 and Sony HDR-AS15.
Sony makes a much better video in terms of the color and pixel consistency around the edges, IMHO. You can plug a mic into it.
I found a video on the tube that shows how to mount the camera on the helmet using the GoPro mounts.
Also, there is an app I have downloaded onto my iPhone that connects ti the Sony camera via Wi-Fi and shows me exactly what the camera sees, so I can adjust the camera angle accordingly.
I like it a lot!

Thanks for the heads up, but its already on its way here. It left their warehouse a few hours after I ordered it. A little more research might have saved me some money. Hindsight is 20/20 :rolleyes:

I've been using Drift Ghost-S as my main camera and some cheap chinese fullhd camera for "selfies" and rear camera.

I have the Hero 3+ black awesome for slo mo great resolution I use it for other outdoor sports as well, mounted via a Ram mount system, typically on the videos I add tunes as opposed to contending with wind noise,

Just ordered the Polaroid XS100. It should be here in 2 days. I'm gonna record all the rest of my commuting and any other rides I take.
Ya never know when getting it on film will come in handy.

Amazon.com : Polaroid XS100 Extreme Edition HD 1080p 16MP Waterproof Sports Action Video Camera With Full Mounting Kit Included : Camcorders : Electronics

How do you like this now that you are using it. I like where you have it mounted. It's out of the way. I don't need one more thing on the bars. Does it dismount easily? Does it have an "on" indicator that you can see from the seat? It seems a lot less inexpensive than the go-pro so I would be able to get this one sooner.

Dismounting it is really easy. I squeeze/pinch 2 plastic tabs together on a plastic clip and the camera slides out of the mount.
The clip stays screwed into the bottom of the cam, so it can be slid into another mount. Although I've done nothing to
change the default settings on the cam, I'm still getting good video with it.

I liked that it is waterproof to 30' right out of the box. I plan on taking it snorkeling with me. The gopro needs the clear plastic box ($30) to stay waterproof. My cam came with a nice assortment of mounting hardware for different possibilities. There is a small LED light that turns red when the camera is recording. It is on the top of the camera, just forward of the button you slide to turn it on. I need to stand up on the pegs a little bit and lean forward to see if it is on when the sun is shining. I'm gonna hook it up to my comp and activate the image stabilization feature and see if I notice a difference.

Another member here showed me that you can buy the same camera, without the Polaroid logo on it, for 1/3 what I paid for it. Click on deedub's link in post #47, one page back in this thread to check it out. Mine was already on its way so I couldn't cancel it. I'm happy with it, even considering I paid a premium for it (apparently). If the one in
deedub's link is the same camera in a different skin, then I would say for that price it is a great value.

Last edited:
I use the Drift HD Ghost as the helmet cam, and I have a Nikon D5100 that shoots great video when I am stationary. I also have a Kodak Playsport that does very well and is waterproof.

I haven't done any videos yet since getting my NC700X last week, but you can see some of my stuff in the links below.

There is nothing (IMHO) that beats the Mobius (1080p) camera in overall size/weight/performance/price arena. If you want even smaller and cheaper and can live with 720p, the 808-16 Keychain cam is unbeatable. Weighs about 1 ounce and I really like mine and use it way more than any of my 3 GoPros

I just bought the Sony AV100,very happy with it. Also, Woot.com had a deal on Swann cameras and I took a chance. Great camera, looks like and works as good as a go pro at half the cost. Plus, it comes with the data back, numerous attachements and remote. Swann makes a lot of security cameras and are out of Australia. Good luck with whatever you decide.

TAKE IT OFF YOUR HELMET

I dont know how many of you have follow the Michael Shumacher story.--- formula car champion

the short story version: he was skiing and had a mayor accident and injured his head even with a helmet on. this gave him a coma and barely waking and now possible to be disable in one way of other FOREVER - yes skiing--- slower then riding a motorcycle or formula car.

i have posted this in many other post i will do it again

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/sc...him-87614.html

IT WAS THE CAMERA MOUNT that cause the injury, the mount prevented the helmet from distributing the impact like it is suppose to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl3br1PJ5-g

good luck, dont risk your head

Back