• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which model # of Honda OEM Center Stand for 2014 NC750X?

lue42

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I am looking to order a center stand for my 2014 NC750X, manual, ABS.

This is the one I am looking to get:
(08M70MGSJ30)
HONDA : Main Stand [08M70MGSJ30]

It is either of J30 or J10

[Manufacturer Parts Number] 08M70-MGS-J10
HONDA NC750X RC72 TypeLD  
or
[Manufacturer Parts Number] 08M70-MGS-J30
HONDA NC750X RC72

I don't know if mine is a TypeLD ???

NC700Shop has 08M70-MGS-D30... but they say in the description that it fits 2016. Does that just mean that there is no diff between the years?
Honda Main Stand - NC700Shop

I understand the last 3 numbers are basically just for the language of the instructions (?)...

So, ok to go ahead with the order on webike for 08M70MGSJ30 for a 2014 NC750X, Manual, ABS?

I can't see a better price than $160 Canadian incl shipping ($180 if they charge duty). Let me know if you know of any better deals?

Last edited:
Found my answer in one of the reviews...

"This model 08M70MGSJ10 is for JDM NC700x sold in japan with a lower seat height ... purchase the 08M70MGSJ30 stand instead"

Mods, you can delete this thread or leave it if you think this model info might be useful to someone else. Note that another forum thread has the Japanese manual translated.

FYI for anyone referencing this... this is the thread that talks about the translation: OEM Honda Center Stand Install

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder. The J10 is also works for the 700S model. The wife has been asking what I want for my birthday...this just might do it :)

Followup...

08M70MGSJ30 fits my 2014 manual NC750x perfectly. Took about 15 minutes to install. Watched the youtube videos a couple of days ago. I didn't loosen or remove the muffler as per instructions - the bolt can be fit in without doing that. Used the ratchet strap method for springs with a small rope loop between ratchet and spring (just watch the youtube vids)

Cost was about $155 canadian (with $10 off for creating an account) and got charged $20 duty/tax by Canada customs. Compare that to $256 + tax quoted by local bike store for same part.

kRKqlhb.jpg

I think the shorter stand (08M70MGSJ10) is what I need for my 700x because it has 2in Kouba lowering links. Webbike is showing 2 month back order. Shipping ($61) is almost as much as the stand ($73) and there is apparently a stopper required ($30). So $164 all in.

Shipping seemed to be a lot at first, but the item came in about 4 days to Canada - so I figure international expedited shipping from halfway around the world for a box of steel parts was not actually that bad, considering it saved be over $100 in the end.

The square rubber stopper came with mine and works with the stock muffler. I don't know how it would work with any other mufflers. If you have the stock muffler I don't think you need to order anything else.

If this is your first order from them, remember to sign up for an account (rather than a guest checkout) and get the coupon. So far I have not had an issue with spam from them.

Thanks.

Regarding the stop - I thought the extra stop is only needed due to differeces in the S stand to the X. But I see that may be wrong because I was getting most of the info from CTX700 forum and while the ctx700 needs the extra stop the NC700x may not.

Thanks.

Regarding the stop - I thought the extra stop is only needed due to differeces in the S stand to the X. But I see that may be wrong because I was getting most of the info from CTX700 forum and while the ctx700 needs the extra stop the NC700x may not.

Disclaimer: I have no input whatsoever about the included rubber stop other than the ***J30 works fine for a 2014 manual NC750x with stock muffler and links

Disclaimer: I have no input whatsoever about the included rubber stop other than the ***J30 works fine for a 2014 manual NC750x with stock muffler and links

I think I will order the stop. I hate to get the stand installed and then decide I need it. It does seem that it is necessary at least in some instances for thee NC700x and aftermarket exhausts.

Capture.JPG

Back