• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Which Motorcycle manufacturer do you rate?

Which manufacturer do you rate

• Total voters
If I have to list the Japanese makers:
1. Honda and Kawasaki
2. Suzuki
3. Yamaha

For the European makers:
1. BMW
2. KTM and Aprillia and Triumph
3. MV Agusta and Ducati

For the US makers:
1. erm....what brands are there besides Harley Davidson?

:p

These are based on my perceptions (reliability and style).
I am not so lucky to have own all brands.:p

I own my bike (usually 1 at a time) for at least 2 years. This NCX is new, so....quite a long time more to go.

For the USA you could add Victory. I was quite impressed when I rode one

Honda has been the bike I owned for the longest period over the years...but Yamaha has more imagination and self canceling turn signals LOL..Plus as a Yamaha Music division type I have a soft spot for all things Yamaha....I had the FZ6 in the mix before they went to the "R"

So Honda is leading the poll?? I appreciate the fact that the question is quite ambiguous however I was trying to get some discussions rolling based on each of our experiences and perceptions of manufacturers we have used/owned. I suppose if the NC 700 was launched by Kawasaki, it would be interesting to note how much fan following there would be. My point being that Honda is looked at upon as an innovative manufacturer and are very bold in their venture into new technology and research. I feel that the idea of this poll was to glean some sort of debate around who would be your preferred/trusted manufacturer that's all.

I appreciate that this being a Honda product forum there would be some sort of bias but quite a lot of people here own other brands/badges and the views expressed are quite interesting.

Honda has been the bike I owned for the longest period over the years...but Yamaha has more imagination and self canceling turn signals LOL..Plus as a Yamaha Music division type I have a soft spot for all things Yamaha....I had the FZ6 in the mix before they went to the "R"
I must admit that I have had very mixed experiences of Yamaha. My XS750 triple was probably one of the worst bikes I have owned yet my XS2 twin is definitely amongst my favourites

img169.jpg

So Honda is leading the poll?? I appreciate the fact that the question is quite ambiguous however I was trying to get some discussions rolling based on each of our experiences and perceptions of manufacturers we have used/owned. I suppose if the NC 700 was launched by Kawasaki, it would be interesting to note how much fan following there would be. My point being that Honda is looked at upon as an innovative manufacturer and are very bold in their venture into new technology and research. I feel that the idea of this poll was to glean some sort of debate around who would be your preferred/trusted manufacturer that's all.

I appreciate that this being a Honda product forum there would be some sort of bias but quite a lot of people here own other brands/badges and the views expressed are quite interesting.

Yes I agree Honda is a leading innovator.
With the NC700, they have reaffirmed my respect and liking for them. (not that they lost it or anything like that).
Having said that, this is my second Honda. Rest were Kawasaki (powerful, expensive but a little rough on the edges) and Suzuki (poor quality but cheap).
BMWs....every one MUST ride and own at least 1 BMW to experience the "extension".

Actually, Buell Racing made (maybe even still makes) a street-rideable bike, but I understand it's around $40,000, give or take. A bit expensive for my taste/means/sanity/marriage (not necessarily in that order). I've also heard from folks and magazine articles that Buell (maybe in conjunction with a backer) might be coming out with additional models that were considerably less expensive - like maybe half that price point. American made, except for the ones that aren't made at all yet...

Only bought my NC last week my first Honda since I owned a MBX80 for six days in 1988!
Had to be KTM for me as I have a Superduke and Adventure R and they're both huge fun!

Back