• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Whoa, Found the Rev limiter.

Cutter J. Duke

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hit the rev limiter today for the first time. I guess I was having a GSX-R flashback because I pulled from a side street to a main road that has a 55mph limit, so I rolled on it hard and BAM, hit the limiter and happy fun time was over-I thought I had blown the motor. The thing cut in hard and it felt like I was standing on the rear brake or something. I got to remember I don't have a 15,000rpm redline anymore. Short shift..short shift...use the torque.:eek:

Just out of curiosity, where are you guys shifting? Did I understand the manual correctly if I think it said to shift to:
2nd @ 12 mph
3rd @ 19 mph
4th @ 25 mph
5th @ 31 mph
6th @ 37 mph?

That seems to keep the rpm's (in flatland of course) between 2k and 3k.

I'd consider those shift points in the owner's manual to be the absolute earliest shift points. Shifting at those points would be hypermiler behavior (not that there's anything wrong with that). Depending on the situation it can be as much as double those. One size does not fit all riders or situations.

Greg

Thanks, Greg. I moved my question over here so as not to hijack this guy's rev limiter discussion. Sorry about that.

In my Honda cars (a couple of Civics and a Fit), I've always followed their recommended shift speeds and found they were pretty reasonable, but in a five-speed automobile the last shift, into fifth, is at 47 at least (sometimes as high as 53). I was a little surprised to read that sixth gear on the NC starts at 37 and goes all the way up to 115 or whatever the top speed is.

Back