• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Who's up for a ride Sunday , So Cal ?

Hey guys anyone up for a ride Sunday morning? So cal areas?

Doc91b and I are planning a ride. We live near Rancho Cucamonga (50 miles east of L.A.) and Temecula (50 miles north of San Diego). We've talked about a few routes, like these:

Starting Point:
Starbucks
31960 California 79
Temecula, CA 92592

Short:
We could do a loop through wine country: 30 miles, 45 minutes
MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map

Medium:
or... maybe this: 60 miles 1.5 hrs

Long:
or... we could do: 80 miles 2 hours (some of the prettiest country I've ever seen)

We haven't settled on a starting point, time, or route, but I expect I'll hear from him today. I haven't cleared it with him, but I expect he'd be just as happy as I am to have more riders!

Great, I'm in Corona cajalco and the 15 , I'd love to tag along! 480-710-1528 is my number , I'd like to go early , let me know thx sir!

OK... Raybo! you're on!

9AM at the starbucks at the Cajalco / I15 exit.

- ride from there east on Cajalco until it gets to I215
- ride ends there at the starbucks a few blocks east of I215... (see addresses and map below)

Everyone is welcome, just show up if you want to!

For you mapquest/ GPS folk, the address is:
(Start)
Starbucks
2690 Tuscany Street
Corona, CA 92881

(Finish)
120 Ramona Expressway
Perris, CA 92571
(update: the finish will be the Jack in the box at I-215. I did recon this afternoon and couldn't find the finish Starbucks).

map:

Last edited:
Tempting but just a bit too much of a stretch from SF Valley on a day's notice!

Sometimes you can make it, sometimes not... Just know that you are always welcome.

We might try for the big wine country loop past the beautiful lake, the sail plane airport, and one luxurious Indian Casion (Pala). That one would be worth a drive... but for you.... it would be a long haul!

Last edited:
Sometimes you can make it, sometimes not... Just know that you are always welcome.

We might try for the big wine country loop past the beautiful lake, the sail plane airport, and one luxurious Indian Casion (Pala). That one would be worth a drive... but for you.... it would be a long haul!

My nephew & his family are in Temecula so with enough notice I'd likely be able to head down the day before, spend the night & start fresh the next day w/out the expense of a hotel/motel! Not doable this time around me thinks.

Mullholand Highway between Calabasas & Malibu is the popular ride nearby here. Some very nice twisties - fun when traffic is light on weekdays!

Another fun ride I used to do when I lived in San Gabriel Valley is Glendora Ridge road between Azusa Canyon (SG river) & Mount Baldy except when it's snowed over in winter!

Last edited:
I'll be there. Just making sure. We are meeting in the Starbucks in Corona right?

Also if you show up you'll be able to see what the Parabellum large windshield looks like and the Fox handlebar risers in case you were thinking about getting either.

I'll be there. Just making sure. We are meeting in the Starbucks in Corona right?

Also if you show up you'll be able to see what the Parabellum large windshield looks like and the Fox handlebar risers in case you were thinking about getting either.

Wow! I'm looking forward to the time before the ride. I went to the start today, and the Starbucks is in the mall there by the theatre. At 9am, it shouldn't be too crowded, so I'm hoping we can all park together and take some pictures for our friends here on this forum. (I'll bring a camera.)

The actual ride doesn't take too long, and it ends at th Jack in the Box just BEFORE you get to the 215 Freeway. I did recon on that too. 'Wish it ended with something more dramatic, but maybe I'll have a soft drink to wash down my starbucks coffee.

The Canyon Road is gently curved and views of the lake and hillsides are worth seeing.

Would love to go, but have a prior commitment. Hope to be able to make the next one. Thanks for putting this together.

The actual ride doesn't take too long, and it ends at th Jack in the Box just BEFORE you get to the 215 Freeway. I did recon on that too. 'Wish it ended with something more dramatic, but maybe I'll have a soft drink to wash down my starbucks coffee.

Based on how we all feel at the end, maybe we could extend it? There is a great bike shop in San Bernandino called Chaparelle Motorsports.

D

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Great ride this am, with new friends, I enjoyed it ! SoCal wine country gotta luv it! Have a great week everybody NC's worked flawless , what a great MC.

OK.... the ride is history! .... and I had a great time doing it. It's a pleasure to meet the people I read on this forum and put a face to the name.
Thank you Mr_Krabs and RayBo for being knowledgable and willing to teach. That's sooo important!
Doc91b is a game player, and ready to go...we extended the ride and went down through wine country. We stopped at Monte de Oro for a last set of pictures before driving off each to his own sunset.

My photos will be at the bottom of this post.
I have to say that...if you're going to arrange a ride like this, STOPPING and sitting and talking is THE best part, so make your ride in sections with stops between so people have time to talk. For me, the best part of today was meeting the other three riders and getting to know them.
Ride safely.

ncxmeet06.jpgncxmeet05.jpgncxmeet03.jpgncxmeet01.jpg

Back