• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why and how do you stick to owning the NCX?

I can only reply to all and tell the same things :)

And Happy is right, the community here is really great!!
No reason to sell it, only if I could afford a newer one, but it will last long enough. I'm planning to keep it until 150-200.000 kms at least. Or buy another one, the newly released NM4.

Happy, if you want a new bike, go get one. It doesn't matter what we or anyone else thinks.

LOL
You assume too much into this post.
I would like to get a new one maybe, but I am not looking for a reason nor permission to do so.
:D

I only wanted to say this is a great forum with many good people here.
:rolleyes:

I buy vehicles with every intention of driving/riding them until the wheels fall off. I picked a good bike, I like it, it has done everything I've asked of it. Why wouldn't I keep it? As to how, that's pretty simple. The title stays in the gun safe and I don't hand large amounts of money to someone in exchange for a shiny new toy. I'd much rather spend that money on farkles and travel.

LOL
You assume too much into this post.
I would like to get a new one maybe, but I am not looking for a reason nor permission to do so.
:D

I only wanted to say this is a great forum with many good people here.
:rolleyes:

True, it's a good forum. But NC700 ownership is not required to join or stay on the forum. :)

Never had to think of it as sticking to the NC. It suits me, I love the smooth power, dont want a racehorse (truth be told I would end up dying on one, if a bike has 5 or 6 gears I want to use them)....Always found there were too many reasons not to ride my previous bikes. Going to work, it was the backpack, gym bag and usually something else as well, never had room on most of my bikes for all that stuff and the type of bike I wanted. I can commute, joyride and tour comfortably with this bike. It's a jack of all trades and I don't have room for specialties.

One of a kind motorcycle that is equal parts soothing and satisfying. Checks off many more boxes than it leaves empty.

KEB

I'm the kind of person that wants the best of everything rolled into one machine. I want good power, decent looks, good ergonomics, ability to do off road, great on road, able to do luggage and ride two up for long distances, and most importantly, be as bulletproof and as reliable as my Honda cars have been. I got this bike and it's been perfect at everything. The only thing I would want is for it to have about 30 more horsepower, not really necessary, but it would be nice.

It makes me Happy when I ride it. To me it is as much fun as you can have with your cloths on.hehe If I have the need for speed I can always ride my boys CBR600. Oh and 70 mpg is not bad ether!!!

It's the perfect commuter bike. The DCT is fantastic in rush hour

The powerband is right where I need it. Torque, torque, torque!

It's easy to work on. I just changed the oil (600 mile) and it was simple. I like to wrench and this bike is set up for it.

Upright riding position means I can see over traffic.

The swoopy plastic bits make me feel like I'm riding a dolphin. That only happens when I'm in a silly mood. :eek:

This bike just makes me smile when I ride it.

I also agree with what everybody already mentioned about all the good things of this nice bike....for me is my first bike and I love it. I almost trade it 2 weeks ago for the new CB1000R or the Ninja 1000 but, after analyzing all the pros and cons, I opted to keep it and I'm happy I did. Instead I ordered more stuff to make it more comfortable. Now I just need ride more and longer!!
Ride safe!:)

The NCX has a unique combination of comfort, decent performance, convenience (frunk), MPG, good price, and low maintenance. There isn't a bike out there that even comes close to it. The NCX just makes sense for me. Unless I am looking for a different bike to fill a very specific need in the future, I don't think I would get rid of the NCX. I would literally ride it til it's too expense to keep it running for another day.

Then again, if the NCX ever comes out with a Baja/Dakar special edition...

Last edited:
I honestly just love my bike. It is simple, sober, unpretentious and perfect for my needs. Only here a couple months, I also love the community of the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 'desire' of owning a new motorcycle is a very strong emotion and extremely hard to resist for a lot of people. I am/have been one of those people who've suffered this cruel addiction. This time I'm really hoping my NC750S DCT will at least be 3 year bike. Unfortunately my record to date has been abysmal....:(

The 'desire' of owning a new motorcycle is a very strong emotion and extremely hard to resist for a lot of people. I am/have been one of those people who've suffered this cruel addiction. This time I'm really hoping my NC750S DCT will at least be 3 year bike. Unfortunately my record to date has been abysmal....:(

Amen, since I got back into riding 7 years ago, I have bought 5 new bikes (still have 3 of them), but I am still driving my 13 year Jeep Cherokee-I don't want car payments (but bike payments don't bother me)-go figure.

I'm a very big offender of this right here. 2-3 years is about all I usually last. I'm thinking of keeping the NC though and just add a second bike. I've never had more than one street bike at a time. Space has been the primary issue. Just went from CBR to CBR. I may have enough room now to house to bikes. Time will tell.

I'm a very big offender of this right here. 2-3 years is about all I usually last. I'm thinking of keeping the NC though and just add a second bike. I've never had more than one street bike at a time. Space has been the primary issue. Just went from CBR to CBR. I may have enough room now to house to bikes. Time will tell.

Like you said, "house to bikes". Front room makes a good spot, just not in front of the TV. Wife has to see her soap boxes.

[video=youtube;s_XvJLVhKEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_XvJLVhKEU[/video]

I just want to RIDE on my motorcycle!

Last edited:
Back