• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Why the need for two oil filters in DCT transmissions?

Hydraulic systems require finer filtering, due to smaller clearances in the systems than in an engine or transmission.
Same fluid in both. Fluid used in the hydraulic system is referred to as hydraulic fluid. Particle sizes that would be ok in an engine, or transmission, could stop a hydraulic system.
Thanks very much TSN and all others for your educational input. So, my DCT question on why two filters and two pumps has been answered. It is also interesting to note that with all these fine tolerances, Honda still recommends changing the filters only every other oil change (16,000 miles) after the first 600 mile service, which is far longer than most oil filter recommendations I've come across in the past. My pocket book will thank Honda for that. I presume we can also expect all the oil to find its way through the DCT filter at some point during that 16,000 miles as there is a common take up point, so I'm expecting it to look pretty clean. I'm only approaching the 8,000 mile service by the end of the summer, so I suspect it will be 2024/25 before I need a filter change.

I changed my oil and filters today and was surprised how pristine the dct filter was after 16,000 miles. Looked brand new.

Back