• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Why you should take your NC off road...

MyLifeInAfrica

Reaction score
Visit site
I live in an area of South Africa called the Great Karoo (Metzeler named a tyre after this area for good reason). It is similar to the US Moab and Oz Outback landscape. I take my NC almost anywhere, mud, sand, bad gravel roads, through water, as well as on open paved roads. I've really tried and tested my bike, fully loaded, where others take their KTm's, BM's etc. No problems, ever. It's low centre of gravity and the DCT box makes for easy handling and it's impossible to stall.

It's like the Swiss Army Knife of bikes in it's versatility and ease of use, both on and off road. Just a few mods and a sense of adventure had taken us wherever i've wanted to go. Perhaps It's good to add that I have a prosthetic leg, so ease of handling was a big factor in my choice of bike.

I've attached a few pics taken along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 280
  • fullsizeoutput_16cf.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_16cf.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 285
  • $_20.JPG
    $_20.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 289
  • $_19.JPG
    $_19.JPG
    1.8 KB · Views: 283
Thanks for posting, i agree, the NC700DCT is tough as nails. I recently took mine on the Continental divide route in the USA. Amazing what I put that little bike through. My buddy on a KTM 1290 said the NC was like a little mountain goat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! The pictures are quite beautiful. Do you have any others of the bike being actually off road?

Thanks for posting, i agree, the NC700DCT is tough as nails. I recently took mine on the Continental divide route in the USA. Amazing what I put that little bike through. My buddy on a KTM 1290 said the NC was like a little mountain goat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've always called mine the little mule but I like mountain goat better

Back