• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Windscreen's Let's see em

Stock plasti-dipped black.

windshield1.jpg

Im looking for a shield for longer trips so its a great idea to make a thread like the saddle bags one.

I had the v-stream tall touring 22" clear before, I sold it and went with the dark smoke v-stream 15" .
The tall was nice but to big for my liking .
I'm adding this to accommodate my touring needs
Givi s180tgivi-s180f-universal-deflector-smoked-shield-image1.jpg

IMG_20150721_155016635.jpg

OK... Here's mine. It's made from a $24 piece of Lexan from Home Depot. It's attached with Dales "nut plates" for safety.
The pieces that would hit the handlebars on full left/right are hinged to move out of the way.
mywindscreen.jpg

Last edited:
windscreen.jpg

Smoked MSA w/deflector from Twisted Throttle. Love it in the summer, still get a little breeze and just stand up on the pegs to apply the air brake approaching traffic red lights.

Last edited:
the lexan comes in a 18x24" rectangle.
First, I drew a straight line down the center of the lexan.
I don't have fancy equipment, so I put three holes near the edge in the 24" side and screwed that onto the edge of a board. (board about 12 inches wide) and then did the same with the other side.
This causes the lexan to arc over the board in a half circle shape with the line I drew at the top.
I then used a heat gun to heat the line...holding the heat 1/2 inch about the line and using my arm to move it back and forth over the line length.
I did that for 1/2 hour turning the lexan 180 deg. every 10 minutes.

more later...
(well maybe not... someday I'll do a pictorial on making a windscreen from scratch... not now)

Last edited:
I will like to know about the best windscreen to fit an NC750X DCT with Roxy Handlebar Raisers and Barkbusters. I am 5'10 and have already installed the Bruudt windscreen raisers. They worked fairly well until I installed the Roxy's and the more upright position makes the wind hit me in the helmet.

20" Madstad lowered 2"

Love my Madstad![/QUOTE]

Doesn't Madstad sell these in variable sizes from 18" to 22"? You could have bought the right size.

Here is the best pic of my GIVI windscreen (couldnt find a better one) and I have no clue what model it is. I do know I hate how it looks but love how it works. I feel no wind at all hitting me at any speed BUT it feels like its in my way when on off-roading at slow speeds.

20150628_101116.jpg

I've been completely happy with my Cee Bailey 22" with Dale's Nutplates.
MC_700_22_2.jpg

Doesn't Madstad sell these in variable sizes from 18" to 22"? You could have bought the right size.

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I also lowered my Madstad. It's not that it's the wrong size screen, it's that too much air comes under the screen at the position the factory chooses. Lowering the screen by drilling it higher gives better wind protection at the bottom, and in my opinion, it also looks better.

Last edited:
Puig touring dark smoke screen:

20150723_083442.jpg

20150723_083449.jpg

I like it so far, deflects the wind from the chest so no more chest-parachute when going 40mph+, a tiny downside is the wind now hits the helmet. This is good on one hand as ensures I still get fresh air and ventilation works as well, but on the other hand, head can get a little wobbly due to turbulences. Still, I didn't try it at more than 60mph as I didn't have the opportunity to go to roads where higher speeds are legal. I plan some tire-warming-highway-drive on Sunday so we'll see how this thing works at 65. Don't think I have the balls to go faster just yet, maybe when I get more experience :)

Back