• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Would feel better with a sissy bar - For my 10 year old

• Thread starter Deleted member 3648
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3648

Howdy folks.

Know where I can get a sissy back for my nc700xd that does not require a bunch of modding AND can possibly be folded out of the way when Im on it solo?
My boy hugs tight but Id sure feel better if something was behind him...
I never take him on the highways. Just putting around town.
Yesterday was his first time on a motorcycle and he is hooked!

Thanks for any input....

-Tim

Might be sold, but here is one:
Backrest

The guy that makes them has posted here before and has a couple different styles... but I can't find a link to any of his posts right now.

However, what I would really suggest is a top case with a back rest pad...
Here is a picture of mine and my kid.
mQ4jPQt.jpg

I also would highly recommend helmet to helmet communications.

I have a Sena 20s and ended up buying a cheap bluetooth headset for his helmet. The Sena can pair with pretty much any bluetooth device, so it works well with it. It allows for the constant "are you ok?" from me and warnings of bumps, stops, instructions to stop fidgeting around, etc.

This is the one I bought:
1000m BT-S2 Motorcycle Helmet Bluetooth Headset Motorbike Intercom Waterproof | eBay

He also has a good quality armored motorcycle jacket (woman's size small) and gloves. He normally rides with army style leather boots when not posing for pictures.

After a great ride...
XkDkmK4.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Givi top case with the with the backrest add on similar to the picture in the link below. For purchasing I got it from motostorm.it as it was the most cost effective to buy all the parts and have them shipped from Italy versus purchasing them locally. The downside to this with a child is that the backrest on the top case might be too far back to use and hug dad.

If OCR pops in he may have some custom seat advice.

Givi E157 | MotoStorm

I would go for the topcase because you then have the advantages of having extra storage space also. That is what I have used on the rear of all my bikes for years when carrying my Wife.

Here's an item that I was looking at on Amazon[/ATTACH]

Techrat

That is an absolutely awful product. You don't want your kid attached to you when coming off the bike in an accident. AND... the kid is wearing a freakin' fleece shirt, no gloves and bicycle helmet! If your child cant hold on under their own power and be trusted to do so then they shouldn't be riding with you.

Back