• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Yamaha to Leave Snowmobile Market and Focus on “Current Business Activities and New Growth Markets”

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
After a solid 55 years, Yamaha has just announced that they’re going to cease production of all snowmobiles, with sights set on beefing up their “current business activities and new growth markets.”

The decision is a big one; Yammie has been making snowmobiles since the creation of their SL350 in 1968, but Michael Le Pard in an article from Total Motorcycle tells us that the brand doesn’t consider continued production of snowmobiles to be sustainable.

A snowmobile from Yamaha - something that will no longer exist after MY2024. Media sourced from SnoRiders.
A snowmobile from Yamaha - something that will no longer exist after MY2024. Media sourced from SnoRiders.

A snowmobile from Yamaha – something that will no longer exist after MY2024. Media sourced from SnoRiders.

“Yamaha has concluded it will be difficult to continue a sustainable business in the snowmobile market,” confirms the coverage.

“Yamaha will ensure parts availability, service, and related customer satisfaction now and after the snowmobile’s final production run occurs.”

The notice doesn’t affect Yamaha’s continued processing and selling of their 2024 lineup; with production currently underway and riders anticipating a fall delivery, Yamaha can now focus on communications with distributors “to minimize impact and best position their business over the next 12 – 36 months.”

“Due to the exit schedule outlined above, the effect on consolidated business results will be minor,” continues Le Pard.

A snowmobile from Yamaha - something that will no longer exist after MY2024. Media sourced from KSTP.
A snowmobile from Yamaha - something that will no longer exist after MY2024. Media sourced from KSTP.

A snowmobile from Yamaha – something that will no longer exist after MY2024. Media sourced from KSTP.

Currently, Yamaha is working together with Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Toyota, and Kawasaki Heavy Industries (KHI) – “HysE” – to create hydrogen power for the future of our Powersports industry. There is no set date for results for the project, but we anticipate updates before the next season is upon us.

*Media sourced from KSTP, SnoRiders and Youtube*​

The post Yamaha to Leave Snowmobile Market and Focus on “Current Business Activities and New Growth Markets” appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back