• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

You guys have a terrific bike!

NoBreakie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

First off, congratulations on your bikes. :cool:
I love the looks of the nc700x especially. I currently own an Africa Twin for commuting, which is absolutely marvelous, but is also beginning to show her age. So I started looking into a possible successor. I even considered maxi-scooters. But after test riding the Yamaha T-Max, which is supposed to be the cats pyjamas, I realised the seating position and the feeling of "emptiness" between my legs is just not for me. Via the NC700D I came across the nc700x. It tics all my boxes: fuel economy, ABS and storage.

I have to save up a little bit before actually buying one, but I'd like to learn about your experiences in the meantime :eek:

Greetings from the Netherlands

Last edited:
But after test riding the Yamaha T-Max, which is supposed to be the cats pyjamas, I realised the seating position and the feeling of "emptiness" between my legs is just not for me.

I was a TMax owner before the NC and can confirm your assessment. Otherwise, it is indeed the cat's PJ's. The finest, I think, of the maxi set. Mine was known to embarrass local sport-bikers. But I am much happier without the feet-forward riding position and that certain feeling of emptiness.

NoBreakie, Greetings from the USA. Thanks and welcome to the NC700 family! Glad you like what you saw in the NC700. It is truly a marvelous machine, and you won't be disappointed. Take your time saving the $$. Scouring this forum is a great way to get a jump-start on what awaits you. Looking forward to interacting with you when not out riding ;-)

Thank you all for the welcome. Browsing through this expanding knowledge database isn't doing my patience any good....:(

Just one question so far: how do you guys like the build quality corrosion wise? Mine will probably be doing quite a lot of salty roads and even though my Africa Twin gets a nice thick coat of anti-corrosion goo, it still shows...

Thanks again folks and I love how this forum makes this world a smaller place!

Last edited:
Back