• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Zero Gravity Windscreen

ZG Screen on the NC700X

IMG_0060.JPGIMG_0061.JPGIMG_0067.JPGIMG_0066.JPGHere is my first report on the Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen.
The first photo shows the stock oem screen in comparison to the Zero Gravity screen.
The second photo shows the Zero Gravity in comparison to the Puig Touring screen. (Before this test began the Puig was my preferred screen of all the screens I have tested.)
The third photo shows the ZG screen mounted on my NC700X. (3/4 view).
The fourth photo shows the ZG screen mounted on my NC700X.
If you would like any additional position photos, let me know.
The ZG screen mounts easily, but it can only be mounted in the top stock mounting holes of the NC700. If you mount the screen in the lower stock mounting holes, the front brake master cylinder will hit the screen when you try and turn the handlebars hard left before hitting the steering stop. But since most riders are looking for a taller screen, this shouldn't be a problem. The tinting looks good in my opinion. The screen is narrow, side to side, than any of the other screens I have tried.
Tomorrow I will take the bike out on scenic California Hwy 1 for a test ride.

First Test Ride of the Zero Gravity Sport Touring Windscreen

Hi everyone,
I took the ZG Sport Touring out for a test ride today. Leaving my home and traveling down to Hwy 101, I traveled at about 25 to 30 mph. The air flow of the screen was quiet and you could hear the engine and exhaust sounds very well.
Jumping on Hwy 101 and accelerating up to 65 mph the sounds of the bike were drowned out by the wind noise. I checked the wind flow over the top of the windshield and around the sides of the screen and found the the flow of wind over the top and under the screen was a little choppy, but the flow around the sides was very smooth. Accelerating to higher speeds marginally increased the wind noise. Even though the noise was unpleasant, my helmet, shoulders and arms were not being buffeted about and there was no blurring of vision from head shake. So the ride was fine, just noisy.
Upon ducking down to lower my height, the noise was reduced greatly.
So if you are a shorter person than I, (6'2") the noise would probably not be a problem. So I guess this screen would best be recommended for shorter riders.
Or if your tall, just ride with good ear plugs or a music source, just turn up the volume and enjoy the music. You won't be getting jerked about by buffeting caused by a windscreen.
I am going back to my Puig, set at the lowest height, after putting in some more miles with the ZG. Riding with the Puig works for me, and it is a lot quieter than the ZG.
I hope this review was helpful to the members. If you have any questions you would like my opinion on, feel free to ask.

First off thank you for doing this for all of us.it looks almost as tall as puig.i am 5,10 so it might be perfect for me.i wear ear plugs so noise not an issue.if it gets rid of the bubble head and away from shoulders sounds good.also i like the way it looks and the tint.think i will go with it.

I just installed the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen this week and finished up a 200 mile ride this weekend. The a fore mentioned review is accurate. I'm vertically challenged at only 5'6" and I'm well pleased with the screen. The air flow seemed to hit around the top of my helmet with no buffeting at 70 mph. Wind noise was very acceptable...much better than the OEM screen. I like the smoked and curved angles of the ZG also. It's just the right height and doesn't look like a satellite dish on the bike....

PA180181.jpg

Hi,
I tried a search first, but came up empty. The search tool filers out the key word 'zero', so lots of gravity results return.

I am wondering if anyone has tried out the Zero Gravity windscreens? See following link:
Zero Gravity Windscreen

There are two models for the NC700X - a (smaller) SR series one and a (larger) Sport Touring one. And all sorts of colors/tints.

I had a double bubble windscreen from Zero Gravity for my CBR600 F4i. I really like it and thought it worked well - maybe cause the rider is tucked forward a bit more in the riding position and in a pocket of air, but even sitting up I had much less wind hitting me on the old bike compared to the tiny stock NC700X windscreen.

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience/knowledge of these Zero Gravity windshields for the NC700X. I don't want to get anything huge and take away from the looks of the bike. It's a bit of a balancing act between form (looks) and functionality (wind protection).

I am 6'4" with 34" inseam, so I may sit a bit higher up than the average rider.

Thanks for your input/thoughts.

I think if noise is the issue yo want more width .... today comming back from Houston TX on I10 by accident I noticed a lot less noise (substantial) when with the cruise on and running 75 if I moved my right arm to the Left and grabbed my left arm. Tried it several ways and every time I was impressed. Tried to pull both arms in but hard to drive with no hands on the bars... :-( .... My GIVI shield is high enough with the Palmer adjusters but I still get some noise...) Today it made sense about the Madstad and Vstream shields as they have their own mountings and both are a lot wider than my GIVI and the ones above. We need some guys/gals in the same area to check out the difference between the wider and less wide shields. I do not believe there is a MadStad or Vstream in San Antonio on an X. I remember OCR when following him that his shoulders did not blow in the wind like mine did and he loves the quietness of the Vstream shield. Any one want to experiment?

I just installed the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen this week and finished up a 200 mile ride this weekend. The a fore mentioned review is accurate. I'm vertically challenged at only 5'6" and I'm well pleased with the screen. The air flow seemed to hit around the top of my helmet with no buffeting at 70 mph. Wind noise was very acceptable...much better than the OEM screen. I like the smoked and curved angles of the ZG also. It's just the right height and doesn't look like a satellite dish on the bike....

View attachment 20941

Skeedaddle, I see you have the barkbusters mounted with the zero gravity shield. Does the windscreen interfere with those at all? It is a great looking screen!

I have the smaller Zero Gravity windscreen and I don't recommend it. Demensionally it's the same size as the stock screen. I'm mean exactly like it was traced out from the stock screen.

Did you get the SR version or the ST version? The SR is stock replacement, so it would be identical.

It's made from Acryllic instead of Polycarb and you can get it tinted (I don't know if yours is). Acryllic has a number of advantages Polycarb lacks (though a number of disadvantages as well) so its a personal preference thing. Also, if you were to need to replace the stock screen for some reason... I may have the materials backward but I think that's how it goes.

Back