• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday rode from work to the Frederick Amateur Radio Club Hamfest, a total of 104 miles. The ride over was perfect weather, mid 60's and sunny. The ride back at night was cooler, about 50° but not as bad as the 32° ride into work that morning. I didn't buy anything.
FARC Hamfest2.jpg

My wife and I went for a ride down to Tombstone for the weekend. Perfect weather other than a little wind on the ride back.

After a brief check and chain cleaning/lube, all systems were go for launch this morning. She fired up on the first lick and we had our first ride to work of the year! I almost didn't stop at work...

Rode to work today in my new Shoei Neotec helmet. Gotta start breaking it in, it's squishing my cheeks a bit. Might go with smaller cheek pads if they don't get more comfortable soon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Rode to work today in my new Shoei Neotec helmet. Gotta start breaking it in, it's squishing my cheeks a bit. Might go with smaller cheek pads if they don't get more comfortable soon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I don't know how Shoei lists their different sizes of cheekpads, but back years ago when I bought some thinner ones for my Icon Alliance, I ended up being surprised that it was the opposite of how I thought, when ordering. They didn't list the actual pad thickness dimensions of "small/medium/large/XXL" etc., but only listed the helmet sizes in that order.

It turned out the thinnest pads came in I think XL helmet size. The pads for the Large, and XXL were actually thicker, the same thickness that came in my Medium size helmet! Something to do with the next up shell sizes versus the interior EPS liner thickness, I guess.

Anywho, just beware when you order ones, to be sure you get the ones you really want :eek: :D

I filled up for the first time AND reported into Fuelly. 67.5 MPG! ... and that's with a bunch of little trips to town and back. I bet it will do even better on an extended trip.

PS I'm really liking this bike. And I love the sound of the Yoshi.

My R-77 showed up today :D, unfortunately it came pre-dented :(, no dents on the box ....

Started the replacement process by sending RevZilla pictures, maybe I can do the install next week.

edit: the dent is on the bottom of the muffler, they're refunding me 15% of the purchase price, my choice, they would have gone the replacement route if I chose to do so

Last edited:
Took a quick 24 hour trip from Kansas City to a friends cabin at the Lake of the Ozarks. The last mile is a gravel/dirt road with many twists and turns and 4 steep hills. He was riding a KLR650 with dual sport tires. I have the original tires on my NC with 10K miles. I am very happy to report that the bike handled very well going up and down the hills. I must admit I was very nervous at the time. My reward was a 110 mile ride home in the pouring rain and 42F temp. Now I know I need new gloves, boots and jacket, as they all failed me. Or maybe I just need to spray them with waterproofing.........

Finally I think I am ready to camp. Got the last few pieces to gear for this weekend. Got a new RAM mount for the cell phone, folding shovel, some tie down straps and bungee cords, locks for my saddlebags. Got out for a bit to test the RAM mount and make the tweaks needed for easy vision. This is key for me to be able to ride all day, get lost and get home without pulling over at every turn to check a map. Now, all I need to do is get everything packed and on the bike. It will be like putting a puzzle together. Can't wait for the weekend!

First trip with my 2015 XDf

Took my brand new bike (never rode a motorbike before 2 weeks ago and just got my endorsement) to Wallowa Lake, Oregon. About 120 miles each way. Fully packed with a queen size air mattress, camping tent, side bags, tank bag, and trunk. Oh and my wife haha. Beautiful ride! Riding on the freeway at 75mph sucks with all the wind but highways feel much better at 60mph.

Yellowstone Natl Park maybe later this year!

Attachments

• DSC_0937 (Large).jpg
    DSC_0937 (Large).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 368
Ordered a shock assy from western honda discount parts. It started leaking over the winter. Wouldn't think a two year old shock would go out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back