• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Luggage Options (Side and Top Box) - More Pictures Needed!

You definately would get the award for 'most detailed or any pics at all'! Looking forward to it plus any additional insight you can provide! Maybe I missed it, but what did you pay for the entire setup? Thanks!

I'll get the initial pics up hopefully this weekend, but may not have time to install due to the crazy cutting and grinding needed.

Honda USA prices (first three items required for the minimal saddlebag installation):

Saddlebag Set (pair, 29L ea.) 08L76-MGS-A50 = $599.95 (Black color)
Support Brackets, 08L73-MGS-A30 = $199.95 (heavier duty side handle supports)
Mount Brackets, 08L74-MGS-A30 = $149.95 (top & bottom bag mounts)
Saddlebag Panel Kit, 08F73-MGS-A50 = $89.95 (Aluminum look decorative panels, optional)
Rear Carrier, 08L72-MGS-A30 = $149.95 (Rear platform, optional)

Just installed mine yesterday, makes the bike so much more usable. I have been riding back and fourth to work with the storage compartment full and a back pack. The Honda bags are big enough to fit my lunch box and all my other tools for work. My wife and I went on a ride today and she put a lunch box and rain jacket in one and her purse and tote bag in the other. Cant wait for my top box to get here so i can take a road trip.

Here are some pics. I know the quality is not that great but it will give you some idea of how they look in the real world, and how much they can hold. Those are a pair of my 10.5 size boots and the box closes with ease. IMG_20120916_231157.jpgIMG_20120916_231217.jpgIMG_20120916_231256.jpgIMG_20120916_231340.jpgIMG_20120916_231350.jpgIMG_20120916_231424.jpgIMG_20120916_231439.jpgIMG_20120916_231540.jpgIMG_20120916_231550.jpgIMG_20120916_231616.jpg

I just ordered these. 33lt side bags and 46lt top case. I got the rack and pad for the wife.

givicases.jpg

These boxes do look nice I must admit (from this photo).
However, I am not keen to load up the rear shocks with such a big load. I read that you are also carrying a wife for pillion? Wow, that is in total 200-300kg?
Ouch.
:p

These boxes do look nice I must admit (from this photo).
However, I am not keen to load up the rear shocks with such a big load. I read that you are also carrying a wife for pillion? Wow, that is in total 200-300kg?
Ouch.
:p

We'll see how it does. If there's a problem I'll have to figure it out. Don't want to spend a ton on a new shock but I'll do what I have to. The bike is a keeper. I've loaded my Burg pretty heavy with no problem.

These are the Pelican cases I've been touting to those seeking a rugged case. They're mounted on Hepco Becker Lock-it racks for the moment. The first thing I did when removing these cases from their cartons, was stand on one of them to demonstrate to my S/O how strong they are. I'm satisfied completely with them and will probably mail photos of them to Roger at Cariboucases.com to show potential NC700X customers.

The installation was pretty straight forward, but I had to use a little dab of grease to hold the spacers (called for underneath the brackets) in place while aligning the bracket and grab rail. This is actually the first Hepco Becker rack I've bought that included instructions in English!

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

We'll see how it does. If there's a problem I'll have to figure it out. Don't want to spend a ton on a new shock but I'll do what I have to. The bike is a keeper. I've loaded my Burg pretty heavy with no problem.

It is not the easiest thing to get to, but there is a pre-load adjustment on the stock shock. The problem with the stock shock for widely varying loads is that it is a single rate spring. With progressives, as you load it the spring rate increases so it kind of automatically makes up for the weight without requiring preload adjustments - at least within a pretty good range. I have always been able to find a single pre-load setting that I can live with from empty to loaded with a progressive spring. I have never been able to do that to my satisfaction with a single rate spring - especially with a pillion.

Hey,

I went to my local dealership here in New York. I asked him about the cases, but it seems that his knowledge was limited.
You see, I "split lanes" (drive between cars in traffic) and I need to know how wide the bike becomes when you add the side boxes.

Simple Question:
Could you please take a moment to measure the total width from case to case for me?

Once I know the answer, I can decide if I can squeeze between the cars in traffic.

Thank you so much!

Could you please take a moment to measure the total width from case to case for me?
Once I know the answer, I can decide if I can squeeze between the cars in traffic.

Thank you so much!

Faggedaboudit!

Just kidding. Welcome from West Virginia. From edge of outer pelican case to edge of outer pelican case is 38".

I'll get the initial pics up hopefully this weekend, but may not have time to install due to the crazy cutting and grinding needed.

Honda USA prices (first three items required for the minimal saddlebag installation):

Saddlebag Set (pair, 29L ea.) 08L76-MGS-A50 = $599.95 (Black color)
Support Brackets, 08L73-MGS-A30 = $199.95 (heavier duty side handle supports)
Mount Brackets, 08L74-MGS-A30 = $149.95 (top & bottom bag mounts)
Saddlebag Panel Kit, 08F73-MGS-A50 = $89.95 (Aluminum look decorative panels, optional)
Rear Carrier, 08L72-MGS-A30 = $149.95 (Rear platform, optional)

This is my first Honda, so this might be a stupid question. Does Honda get their bags manufactured by Givi?

I traded my Suzuki Bandit, which I had top and side cases on, but I kept my Givi E45 top case to use on the NC. Suzuki obviously contracted out their luggage to Givi -- the E45 top case fit directly on the OEM rack and the saddlebags were rebadged V35s.

Will my Givi trunk fit directly on the Honda rack? I like the look of the Honda rack better than the Givi rack, especially without the trunk mounted, so I'd prefer to use it -- but I also don't want to have to buy a new trunk. Are they compatible??

trey

This is my first Honda, so this might be a stupid question. Does Honda get their bags manufactured by Givi? trey

The Honda panniers are obviously sourced from Givi (the inner straps are of the same exact design as Givi's), the overall design and attachment is different than a genuine Givi. You would not be able to mix and match. Several riders on the forum here have mounted E45's and V35's and they look and function great. But you will need to mount the Givi racks to get those mounted.

Hey,

I went to my local dealership here in New York. I asked him about the cases, but it seems that his knowledge was limited.
You see, I "split lanes" (drive between cars in traffic) and I need to know how wide the bike becomes when you add the side boxes.

Simple Question:

Thank you so much!

34" wide bag to bag. The mirrors are 37" tip to tip. So if your mirrors will fit, the bags with fit.

WGW

Ayeee, oh! How YOU do'in?
Now I'm more confused. What's a "Pelican case"? I am asking about the original side hard-cases that are made for the NC700X by Honda. Is "Pelican" an aftermarket brand?

I'm so confyoos.

Back