• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

i just put on a new madstad today, i had high hopes that this windscreen was going to help me out. i'm 5'9 so i got the one for riders 5'8 to 5'10. first trip down the road was a real letdown. i got a bad helmet vibration that just about makes your teeth rattle. i have it in the highest setting that just lets me see over the screen but its not high enough to stop the wind from hitting the very top of my helmet.
Try decreasing the slope with the top more towards you. The inside center slipstream may pass over your helmet then. Different adjustments will have different effects.

Ray

i just put on a new madstad today, i had high hopes that this windscreen was going to help me out. i'm 5'9 so i got the one for riders 5'8 to 5'10. first trip down the road was a real letdown. i got a bad helmet vibration that just about makes your teeth rattle. i have it in the highest setting that just lets me see over the screen but its not high enough to stop the wind from hitting the very top of my helmet.

The beauty of the the Madstad is the adjustability of it. The drawback of it is that you don't just install it and call it done. I'm 5' 9" too and was tired of the buffeting and noise. Installed the Madstad and got a slight improvement but not what a lot of others raved about. However I just kept playing with the positioning of it until I got it dialed in. It took a few attempts but I got it done. I have a nice amount of air hitting the body while my head is much quieter and not bouncing around at speeds > 60mph. For me it was all the way up and then backing it off a little + the bottom almost all the way out + the top just in toward me a little. If I move it up/down, move the bottom further in, or angle the top closer to me it increases the airflow to my head and the noise. Once I was happy with it I tightened it up and as of now I haven't had a need to move it. So when I had the tools out this week I tightened it all the way down (bottom mounts), so even loosening the top knobs won't let me move the screen. I will probably re-position it slight come winter, but not by a whole lot.

So stick with it and keep adjusting it until you get it as good as you can. Ride around and move your body position slightly, stand up a little (inch or so off the saddle), move your hands around the front of you to find where the airstream is etc. and after 30 minutes or so of riding, stopping and adjusting you should be able to find YOUR sweet spot.

I honestly think the additional lip (ebay version) makes all teh difference. I just have a PUIG windscreen and the aditional ebay lip and I get no buffetting. I tuned the lip to send teh wind just over my head. And you can feel this with your hand. at 65mph my helmet is in clean air, and if i put my hand 1" above my helmet I can feel the full brunt of the wind. Best $35 I ever spent.

lip.jpg

20170607_074332.jpg

i feel kind of dumb, it was about an hour before dark when i got my windscreen package from the ups driver. i put in on the bike and went for a quick ride and after trying to get it set i was still getting the helmet rattle bad enough that it was making my teeth chatter. today i decided to put the little side shields on that came with it. after a test ride i came home feeling so dumb but was so relieved, all the helmet vibration was gone and i felt like i had a perfect ride. to top that i could tell very quick how much speed i picked up without knowing it. you now have to be watchful or you will be doing 85 to 90 thinking you only doing 50

Back