• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

12v plug install. (Other location)

Mine is mounted to a bracket using a longer handlebar clamp bolt. I have always used Powerlet 12v plugs because they're waterproof and can survive the vibration of being on a motorcycle. I use it mainly for my electric vest.

I mounted it on the handlebar. I have a USB and a sigarette lighter there. Works fine.

Handlebar mount here too. Run my accessories as needed (phone, GPS, etc.) when riding. The 12V socket doubles as my battery tender input when I park the bike for the night.

Last edited:
with having all the panels off ,I've just fitted the 12v plug for charging the bike battery into the frunk.

I have an SAE pigtail down by the frame rail on the left side of the engine, routed there from the battery box.

I tuck it out of the way when not using it, plug my battery charger to it in the winter, or if using a tank bag, I plug it into the bag via a bulkhead fitting I installed in it. Inside the bag I can charge all my electronics up, out of the elements or prying eyes.

My GPS I can either plug into the SAE as well, or a separate dedicated cable off the battery strictly for the GPS, if I choose.

I found having the pigtail, allowed me to attach whatever other power sockets/outlets/devices/whatever to it, was better for me than one single 12V socket mounted in a specific location.

I prefer a dedicated power cable to the GPS. Everything else is handled by a female 12v inlet in the frunk. "Everything" is modest - charging mobile devices and the bikes battery external charger/tender connection. The 12v inlet will also power my 15 amp on-board tire compressor when required so it's wired directly (fused but direct) to the battery. The Honda accessory 12v inlet is fused at just 2 amps.

I prefer a dedicated power cable to the GPS. Everything else is handled by a female 12v inlet in the frunk. "Everything" is modest - charging mobile devices and the bikes battery external charger/tender connection. The 12v inlet will also power my 15 amp on-board tire compressor when required so it's wired directly (fused but direct) to the battery. The Honda accessory 12v inlet is fused at just 2 amps.

I thought the oem Honda 12v plug is just 1 measly little ampere, but my old memory isn't what it used to be...

in addition to my handlebar mounted 12v (which like Dave is there mostly for the air pump), I direct wired my Garmin mount, and have an SAE pigtail in the frunk to connect anything else (I currently have a usb adapter there to power the iPhone) and to connect the tender. I've lately been looking at the Fuzeblock because i've now got so much on the battery terminals the bolts are hard to screw down. There wouldn't be room for one more connection (although I can't think of what else I'd need).

Back