• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

1996 Buell S1 Lightning

Seabee Bob

Reaction score
Visit site
I am interested in purchasing a 1996 Buell S1 LIGHTNING with a V&H Slip On 3,700 miles for $3,000. It is in mint condition and rare. Does anyone have any bad or good input on this Buell?

1996 buell S1 Lighting.jpg

Last edited:
I would Google- 1996 buell s1 lightning reviews.

I did a quick search and found some problems on the first few forums that I read.
With that being said, I would definitely do my homework before separating money from my hand. YMMV
Good luck!

Sharp bike though!

my friend had one bought new and very cheap. he nothing but problems,spent more time in the dealers than out.
he got so sick of it he sold it back to the dealers who reluctantly took in part exchange for the Yamaha tdm.
do your research before parting with your cash.
ask yourself this why are they so cheap?? must be a reason other than a defunct buell company.

The tube framed Buells got a bit of a reputation for being less than reliable. The later 'XB' models were supposedly a much better motorcycle overall -- better handling, great brakes, etc.

That said, I've never ridden one or known anyone first hand who has owned one. I think they look incredible, and the sound... oh the sound :cool:

trey

Thanks for the feedback guys. The first thing I did was a Google search on the S1 Lighting. I think I am going to pass on this one. It is on consignment at Southern V Twin here in Melbourne, FL just 2 blocks from my place. If anyone is interested give them a call and make an offer.

Southern V Twin
1550 Cypress Ave
Melbourne, FL 32935

(321) 255-1600

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys. The first thing I did was a Google search on the S1 Lighting. I think I am going to pass on this one. It is on consignment at Southern V Twin here in Melbourne, FL just 2 blocks from my place. If anyone is interested give them a call and make an offer.

Southern V Twin
1550 Cypress Ave
Melbourne, FL 32935

(321) 255-1600
After this post, I think I will be able to find you! It may be a few years, but I expect free beer when I arrive!!!!!!!

Back