• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

1st long Ride 74 Mpg.

I commute about 100 miles per day, mixed two lane & interstate. I average in the low 60's mpg. What are you 70+ guys doing? I don't ride at all aggressively (on the commute) & pretty much granny-shift it.

I shift early and often. 3000 is the normal rev shift setting and I have high altitude in my favor. Manual shifting, I pop my butt up on the passenger pad for better view and stretch my arms to the bars. I had been running my chain real loose, but I felt a lot of vibration and tightened it up for a smoother ride. Went to Shinko 705's and only lost 4mpg.

I logged my longest tank a couple of weeks ago at 250 miles I only put in 3.1 gallons of gas this bike is amazing

I commute about 100 miles per day, mixed two lane & interstate. I average in the low 60's mpg. What are you 70+ guys doing? I don't ride at all aggressively (on the commute) & pretty much granny-shift it.

Your granny shifting and mine may not be the same. My granny is more frugal than yours.

Seriously, the interstate driving probably drags your mileage down. Speed and headwinds are the biggest MPG enemies.

Went to Shinko 705's and only lost 4mpg.

Are the Shinkos the same circumference as stock? You may not have actually "lost" any real MPG. If the rear tire is a little larger diameter, the odometer readings will be a little lower than the actual miles covered, and hence the uncorrected calculated MPG will be less.

Last edited:
My recent experience........My 705 ( 170/60-R17) tire makes the bike speedo now reads about 2 MPH slow. The stock size tire bike speedo was about 1MPH fast to almost right on ( as compared to GPS at 60 MPH)

I recently did a 210 miles of twisty gravel logging roads with slower speeds maybe avg 40- 45MPH........77 MPG.

Last edited:
Back