• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2012 OEM bags to Aftermarket (Givi)

CorEnFa

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm sure this has been discussed, but after pretty exhaustive searching, I can't find it. If you know where it is, please feel free just to point to a link.

I have a 2012 700X and the OEM side bags and top case. I'm very seriously considering switching to a Givi Outback Trekker setup. I'm wondering, has anyone done an OEM to aftermarket conversion? Is it possible or within the realm of reasonable in regards to switching out hardware? I know that I'll still have signs of cutting from the original mounting, but I'm okay with that.

I don't typically ever take my bags off, so it's unlikely that anyone will ever see the previous cut marks, etc.

Thanks!

Thanks! However, I'm okay removing the factory/OEM side mounts and replacing with other mounts.

I'm assuming that this should be as easy as removing the OEM and mounting the others. BUT, I know what happens when one assumes.

I might have missunderstood your question. Your just going to remove the OEM moounting hardware and add the Givi hardware? I'm not seeing how that would be an issue.

Back