• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015 NC700 (U.S.) released

[...It might be cheaper to purchase all the painted plastic parts from Honda than to pay a professional to paint all your plastic parts for you....]

If you wanted the blue panels, you'd have to buy them from a dealer in a country where that bike is sold. US Honda dealers don't have access to colored parts fitted on non-USA models.

If they ever made this model in a 1000 cc engine that would be sweet & fast as lightning. I know gas wise it wouldn't be nearly as cost effective but, think of all the $ you would save in modifications. Due to it being supper fast right out of the show room floor, modifications wouldn't be required.

Just buy a cross tourer, and I bet you'd still add loads of mods anyway.

You guys make me laugh with your "the NC should have this" and "the NC should have that" blah blah blah!

There must be about a gazillion different motorbikes on the market, the NC just being one of them.

Rather than choosing a bike and then moaning about its spec or colour options, why not buy a bike that meets YOUR wants and needs.

I know pretty much everyone will add at least one farkle to their bikes, but they are to enhance what the bike already offers.

I dunno, perhaps it's just me that bought the NC for exactly what it had to offer, and no more.

Just buy a cross tourer, and I bet you'd still add loads of mods anyway.

You guys make me laugh with your "the NC should have this" and "the NC should have that" blah blah blah!

There must be about a gazillion different motorbikes on the market, the NC just being one of them.

Rather than choosing a bike and then moaning about its spec or colour options, why not buy a bike that meets YOUR wants and needs.

I know pretty much everyone will add at least one farkle to their bikes, but they are to enhance what the bike already offers.

I dunno, perhaps it's just me that bought the NC for exactly what it had to offer, and no more.

I agree with you 100%. Another ridiculous thing is all the wining about the rev limiter. Still have yet to hit it once myself. Learn to shift or learn to stop wining.

I just bought a 2012 Silver NC, so as a newbie I would like a gear indicator and dual discs on the front, and probably ABS.

A flashing light as advance notice on the Rev Limiter would be a nice touch.

As to color, that's easy enough to change and certainly not worth buying a new bike for anyway. Plastic Dip is my friend, so I don't expect mine to stay silver for very long, and then it will be different from everyone else's! :)

Anything else I want to change I'm adding myself, and besides, that's half the fun of owning a bike!

Roborider - NC700x - Southwest Virginia

Last edited:
Fully understand some wanting ABS brakes, the DCT, different colour choices and the like. Different countries get different options. The States can't get a 750, Canada can't get the DCT and Austraila can't get different configurations either. Not sure if the UK is restricted. Those that wish for a larger motor and more horsepower simply bought the wrong bike. Go buy the new Yamaha FJ-09. It would be perfect for you. I came from larger HP motorcycles and went to the NC for a reason and don't wish Honda to change the perfect bike for me.

I'm speaking only from my experience here, but I feel the need for a gear indicator and concerns about the rev limiter disappear as the rider becomes more familiar with the bike. I have not hit the rev limiter on the NC700 in at least the last 15000 miles, and possibly never on my bike. I remember hitting it on the first dealer demo ride a time or two.

As for the gears, it's either in the right gear or it's not. If it's not, you change gears. Attaching a numerical designation to the gear on a display doesn't affect that philosophy. Having gained lots of experience on this bike, I subconsciously always know what gear it's in.

In summary, I believe the gear indicator desire and the rev limiter concern will be non-issues after one has ridden the bike for awhile.

Count me in, however, when it comes to concerns about Honda's model configurations. I wish ABS had been available on the manual tranny version in the U.S. Either DCT or manual would have been fine, I really didn't care, but having to pay $2000 more in 2012 just to get ABS didn't make sense.

I totally agree with Ruggybuggy; if you want more power, then you bought the wrong bike.

Last edited:
Having seen both models at the dealer side by side, it gave me a GREAT bargaining chip when discussing price. It also made my decision very easy, with no differences between the models. I would have liked to see something different, maybe in the engine. However, being this is my first motorcycle, and the 700 (670cc) was just over what I was wanting to begin with, the way it is geared and how it has the limiter at 6500 rpm, it hit my sweet spot, so another 50cc would probably be more than I would have wanted.

Now, to get to the dealer and pick it up.

Good decision. I've owned bikes of all sizes, from 175cc to a BMW 1150 GS Adventure, and recently bought my NC700X. I like everything about it so far. Handling, torque, weight, power and economy are all just right I think. Enjoy!

6ed5828559134fa44037108ba817ee27.jpg

Good decision. I've owned bikes of all sizes, from 175cc to a BMW 1150 GS Adventure, and recently bought my NC700X. I like everything about it so far. Handling, torque, weight, power and economy are all just right I think. Enjoy!

6ed5828559134fa44037108ba817ee27.jpg

What tires do you have on you X, that does not look like the stock tires? Looks nice .

Back