• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usual weekend ride along the spine of the Santa Monica mountains ... Beautiful and fun until I dropped into the San Fernando Valley, where temps were still around 100F after 6PM.
Glad I live at the West end of the mountains, where highs have been 15-20 degrees cooler.
Came back at night, still near 80 in SFV, but a nice 65 cooling the house.

I'm finally on the way home from the dealer with my new NC700s
A wee stop off at Blessington lake County Wicklow.
View attachment 52616View attachment 52617View attachment 52618
Very nice! Your bike looks looks great. The USA never got the S model, nor did we ever get an NC in white color.

I like the improved chain adjuster blocks, but I wonder why the handlebar end weights are missing. The heated grips are nice, too; same ones I have.

Very nice! Your bike looks looks great. The USA never got the S model, nor did we ever get an NC in white color.

I like the improved chain adjuster blocks, but I wonder why the handlebar end weights are missing. The heated grips are nice, too; same ones I have.
It has raised Renthals. Never even noticed the bar ends. Yeah, Oxford grips and a pyramid hugger. Handles well but does it growl

Yesterday (forgot to post);

Rained this morning, but quit by 11. At noon got out for a 54 mile ride on mostly dry roads (shady areas were still damp). 81 degrees and sunny.

Today:

74 mile ride some back roads, some freeway. Started out in the 60's ended up in the 80's and sunny

A lunchtime ride today. Was almost derailed by the BMW guy (I sense a theme here). His main bike was down (again) for whatever reason, but he rode a different GS he had at his disposal, which would not restart at the rally spot near my house. He wasn't able to kickstart it, so I zipped home to grab jumper cables (fit in the frunk nicely). ~40 min. later we're on the road to lunch. An artist's rendering is below.

1690334606034.png

A lunchtime ride today. Was almost derailed by the BMW guy (I sense a theme here). His main bike was down (again) for whatever reason, but he rode a different GS he had at his disposal, which would not restart at the rally spot near my house. He wasn't able to kickstart it, so I zipped home to grab jumper cables (fit in the frunk nicely). ~40 min. later we're on the road to lunch. An artist's rendering is below.

View attachment 52619
I have laughed so hard at this. Showed it to my wife and she cracked up.

I went on a tour with my friend who also happens to be my family doctor. We have been friends for 45 years. Anyhow in 2018 he got a new BMW RT and I had my FJR. We headed over to ride routes in SE Ohio for a week. One day we were riding and it started to rain, so we pulled over, put on rain gear and resumed riding. The rain stopped so we pulled over and removed the rain gear. When he got back on the BMW, it was dead as a door nail. Nothing. I have a pic of him somewhere sitting on the bike, arms out in a "what the heck" posture and a confused look on his face. He pushed all kinds of buttons trying to get the thing going but it just beeped at him. Turns out he had put the "fob" in the pocket of his rain gear and then put the rain gear in the saddlebags and the bike couldn't read the fob, therefore no electrics. Took us about 15 mins to figure out the problem. Once he fetched the fob from the saddlebag, we were good to go.

For me the moral of the story was, a fob is no better than a key if either are lost lol. I'll stick with keys thank you. At least I can carry a spare in my wallet.

I have laughed so hard at this. Showed it to my wife and she cracked up.

I went on a tour with my friend who also happens to be my family doctor. We have been friends for 45 years. Anyhow in 2018 he got a new BMW RT and I had my FJR. We headed over to ride routes in SE Ohio for a week. One day we were riding and it started to rain, so we pulled over, put on rain gear and resumed riding. The rain stopped so we pulled over and removed the rain gear. When he got back on the BMW, it was dead as a door nail. Nothing. I have a pic of him somewhere sitting on the bike, arms out in a "what the heck" posture and a confused look on his face. He pushed all kinds of buttons trying to get the thing going but it just beeped at him. Turns out he had put the "fob" in the pocket of his rain gear and then put the rain gear in the saddlebags and the bike couldn't read the fob, therefore no electrics. Took us about 15 mins to figure out the problem. Once he fetched the fob from the saddlebag, we were good to go.

For me the moral of the story was, a fob is no better than a key if either are lost lol. I'll stick with keys thank you. At least I can carry a spare in my wallet.

My friend in another state just got a '70s BMW R75/5 which he says blows any new BMW out of the water reliability wise. All that German engineering is cool but too much electronic doo diddleys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back