• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Mrs Ferret wanted some special jam that she loves, and ran out of, from the Amish store out in Adams County. 3 counties over from where we live. Straight line about 48 miles. The weather forecast called for Sunny, 95 degrees, 0% chance of rain, so we took off early to beat the heat, taking a roundabout way there. Got the jam and headed to a little restaurant we call the Tin Can (an aluminum building which is actually called Cruiser's Diner" in Seaman, Ohio.) for an early lunch.

YQPepIph.jpg

You can see the sky in the pic above, it's sunny, clear blue sky with white clouds. It was in the mid 80's at this point. As we were finishing up lunch I looked out the window and saw a lot of dark gray. A quick check of the weather app said rain, thunderstorms and lightning starting in 8 minutes. We paid the bill and headed out hoping the forecast was wrong. We made it 1/2 mile and it opened up. We pulled under the roof of the gas pumps at a gas station and waited it out.

SZ5EBzgh.jpg

The nice folks at the station told us to come inside and sit while we were waiting. 45 mins later the storm has dwindled to a light drizzle, so we took off. 15 mins later it had quit altogether and we just had a wet roads ride home. The temp had dropped to 74 and it was a little chilly with wet mesh gear lol

116 miles round trip and Mrs Ferret's scooter got its first rain bath lol.

Well, Mrs Ferret wanted some special jam that she loves, and ran out of, from the Amish store out in Adams County. 3 counties over from where we live. Straight line about 48 miles. The weather forecast called for Sunny, 95 degrees, 0% chance of rain, so we took off early to beat the heat, taking a roundabout way there. Got the jam and headed to a little restaurant we call the Tin Can (an aluminum building which is actually called Cruiser's Diner" in Seaman, Ohio.) for an early lunch.

YQPepIph.jpg

You can see the sky in the pic above, it's sunny, clear blue sky with white clouds. It was in the mid 80's at this point. As we were finishing up lunch I looked out the window and saw a lot of dark gray. A quick check of the weather app said rain, thunderstorms and lightning starting in 8 minutes. We paid the bill and headed out hoping the forecast was wrong. We made it 1/2 mile and it opened up. We pulled under the roof of the gas pumps at a gas station and waited it out.

SZ5EBzgh.jpg

The nice folks at the station told us to come inside and sit while we were waiting. 45 mins later the storm has dwindled to a light drizzle, so we took off. 15 mins later it had quit altogether and we just had a wet roads ride home. The temp had dropped to 74 and it was a little chilly with wet mesh gear lol

116 miles round trip and Mrs Ferret's scooter got its first rain bath lol.
What’s your thoughts on the x-max? It seems like the floorboards would be much more comfortable for long rides. If I were to replace my NC, it might be with a big scooter, or maybe a sport tourer,

What’s your thoughts on the x-max? It seems like the floorboards would be much more comfortable for long rides. If I were to replace my NC, it might be with a big scooter, or maybe a sport tourer,
Lance, I've only ridden it about 40 miles. Actually it sits a bit too tall for me, and I can only get a foot down on one side at stops. My wife has longer legs (even though she's a couple inches shorter than me) and reaches both sides on the ground on her toes. She has now ridden it about 800. She loves it. The power is in line with what she was wanting. As long as I keep to the speed limit (65 mph) she even keeps up on the freeway. I think the brakes are stronger on the ones on the NC. Nice scooter!

tZl0VwMh.jpg

yjntkBSh.jpg

i0TiA6Ah.jpg

did about 6 hours today, up to the Blue Ridge to dodge some of the heat. and yeah, baby, it was hot. I stopped at a store to get some batteries and put the bike on the center stand because the parking space was a little dodgy. Parking lot had been repaved some time in the last couple months. Went inside and after a few minutes clerk comes up and says "do you ride that motorcycle outside?" i say "Yes" (duh given my gear). she says "your bike fell over." the center stand sunk into the hot asphalt and then tipped over. Nice young dude helped me pick her up. A couple scratches and it cracked my bad ass horn (but still works). Put it on the side stand with my soft turf plate under foot. Sheesh. Lesson to self when it's hot and the lot looks anything like recently re-paved.

My wife got me a madstad for my birthday, so I put that on and spent the morning doing a ride, adjust, ride, adjust routine.

My observations so far:
1. It took a lot of fine tuning for me to get it just right.
2. It is warmer riding with the shield.
3. I can now ride with my helmet visor up if I want to.
4. I ride faster, my sensation of speed will need to adjust.
5. My exhaust is loud, I never could hear it before, plugs plus full face helmet plus wind, I may want to ditch the two brothers (what the bike came with) and go back to stock.

Finished the month off with a sunrise ride, 57 miles @ 69 degrees

Total for the month: 31 of 31 days ridden, 1661 mi on the NC, 460 mi on the CB for total 2121 miles
Total for year: 194 of 212 days ridden, 9086 mi on the NC, 2404 mi on the CB for total 11,490 miles

Looks really good! thanks, I overfill my coolant reservoir and had to tweak the front of skid plate slightly to be able to access it and for oil changes , you just pull 6 6mm allen headed bolts to drop it . should be easy after the mounts are initially all tightened in correct position. The initial install was kinda a PIA to do with 1 hand but I got it done and happy with the looks and added protection for riding on forest service roads while flyfishing

Yesterday I saw a post on FB about someone who broke there lower case and thought I should mount the skid plate that's been sitting in my basement for 6 months, so I did & than went on a short ride , think I'll ride it to Dr appt this morning tooView attachment 52663View attachment 52664
How about some details on those highway pegs? My knees really wish I had some for long rides and I’m not sure I want to add crash bars.

I owned an Xmax for a couple of years. It is a really well engineered machine. At 6 02 235, plus gear I was easily able to cruise at 75. It has a pretty impressive top speed, but it takes a lot to get there. Really wringing its neck. The screenshots below are GPS speeds captured by GPS on an iPhone 13 Promax inside the front cubby.

I just purchased a BMW C400 GT and have about 1000 miles on it. It is absolutely an 8 or 9 out of 10. Roomy, comfortable, pretty good suspension, great acceleration, not many negatives other than the storage. I just took it on a 200 mile day on Saturday with zero issues. Passing is a lot easier with the C400GT than with the Xmax, despite it's added weight and not too much more horsepower.

Attachments

• IMG_2643.PNG
    IMG_2643.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2644.PNG
    IMG_2644.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2645.PNG
    IMG_2645.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Those are some pretty impressive speeds my wife will never see lol

That 400 should be the cats meow as far as scooters go, although if Yamaha brought the 500 TMax back in.... I've ridden one and they were awesome

I owned an Xmax for a couple of years. It is a really well engineered machine. At 6 02 235, plus gear I was easily able to cruise at 75. It has a pretty impressive top speed, but it takes a lot to get there. Really wringing its neck. The screenshots below are GPS speeds captured by GPS on an iPhone 13 Promax inside the front cubby.

I just purchased a BMW C400 GT and have about 1000 miles on it. It is absolutely an 8 or 9 out of 10. Roomy, comfortable, pretty good suspension, great acceleration, not many negatives other than the storage. I just took it on a 200 mile day on Saturday with zero issues. Passing is a lot easier with the C400GT than with the Xmax, despite it's added weight and not too much more horsepower.
What app did you use for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back