• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather forecast last night was for 63F this morning. Leaving an hour before sunrise I ride the NC 42 miles for a breakfast then rode it 58 miles to work and home. What a beautiful show in the sky this morning with fiery reds, yellows, and orange. I don't know what I was thinking when I geared up to leave but I wore mesh jacket and pants and mesh summer gloves. After 30 miles I was COLD and don't laugh too hard, I switched on the heated grips. When I left work for home it was 86F and the choice of clothing was more appropriate. I can't wait for fall to arrive. The wife and I have a place rented in the Smokies during the third week of October, Come on!!!!
We have a poll going right now over on the CB forum re: perfect temp for riding. 65-70 degrees f is currently leading with 80 % of respondents. 75-85 f is second with 15% and 85-95 f has 5 %

I'm in the 75-85 camp. I'm getting ready to leave for my daily ride in about 25 mins. Had to wait for it to warm up. Supposed to be 76 degrees now.

Dang it. Absolutely nothing. I have been up in Indiana for the past 10 days visiting my ill son. Driving home to Florida tonight though. I have been seeing all these motorcycles and curvy roads and missing my bikes. I still have 1.5 week's on my leave of absence from work. If household general gives ok, I may pack up a bike next week and go camping for a couple of days. Never been to Myrtle Beach, so I may go in that direction or close to it...

Day 240 .... a 45-mile ride to lunch with Mrs Ferret on her XMax @ 80 degrees and sunny

also turned over another mileage milestone on today's ride

idqyRGRh.jpg

14 Celsius today but no rain so went out on errands and took some back roads.
Most of the roads were covered in mud and cow dung as the farmers are muck spreading. That made the bends more interesting.
Cleaned the bike when home. Tomorrow will prep the car for selling. Don't need it.

I rode the NC to an Aprilia dealer 90 minutes away this AM with two friends. One of them bought a Tuareg 660 recently and it needed a software tweak. While there I demoed a new Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello. Beautiful elegant design but I fear too high maintenance for me. I also rode a V85TT Adventure which was more to my liking. When I got home I told my wife “You should have seen the Italian red head I met on this morning’s ride.”

IMG_1465.jpeg

I rode the NC to an Aprilia dealer 90 minutes away this AM with two friends. One of them bought a Tuareg 660 recently and it needed a software tweak. While there I demoed a new Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello. Beautiful elegant design but I fear too high maintenance for me. I also rode a V85TT Adventure which was more to my liking. When I got home I told my wife “You should have seen the Italian red head I met on this morning’s ride.”

View attachment 53021
Ive not ridden the Mandello or V85 but have ridden 1/2 dozen other Guzzis over the years. I came to the conclusion I am just not Guzzi material.

Id still test ride both models if given the opportunity though.

I went 'over the hill' via Hwy 17 up to San Jose today for a hang, it was a great ride until I hit the downward side, ended up splitting due to thick weekend traffic. Really a not great road to do it on, lots of bozos, but at least a handful made an attempt to move over a bit for me. Return trip was a piece of cake.

We have a poll going right now over on the CB forum re: perfect temp for riding. 65-70 degrees f is currently leading with 80 % of respondents. 75-85 f is second with 15% and 85-95 f has 5 %

I'm in the 75-85 camp. I'm getting ready to leave for my daily ride in about 25 mins. Had to wait for it to warm up. Supposed to be 76 degrees now.
I will ride in all those temps, but I would probably lean towards 75-85 camp as well.
:p

Dang it. Absolutely nothing. I have been up in Indiana for the past 10 days visiting my ill son. Driving home to Florida tonight though. I have been seeing all these motorcycles and curvy roads and missing my bikes. I still have 1.5 week's on my leave of absence from work. If household general gives ok, I may pack up a bike next week and go camping for a couple of days. Never been to Myrtle Beach, so I may go in that direction or close to it...
Best wishes for your son's speedy recovery.

I went 'over the hill' via Hwy 17 up to San Jose today for a hang, it was a great ride until I hit the downward side, ended up splitting due to thick weekend traffic. Really a not great road to do it on, lots of bozos, but at least a handful made an attempt to move over a bit for me. Return trip was a piece of cake.
Are you on the central coast? I live in Seaside now, would love to meet up sometime on a weekend.

A 54 km (33 mile) round trip commute from the outer reaches of Scarborough to downtown Toronto. Usually 2 and sometimes 3 days a week, now that we're partially back in the office. Will continue until the first snowfall, and then it's the GO train all winter. (Dang.)

Are you on the central coast? I live in Seaside now, would love to meet up sometime on a weekend.
A bit north of Santa Cruz. Don't get out much on the weekend, mostly to avoid all the beach traffic. Usually I ride during the week for lunch runs w/ a couple of other dudes.

Day 245...rained last night 1/2" and then off and on today, but was able to sneak out for a 40 miler @ 72 degrees under overcast skies on patchy damp roads

Showers also predicted for tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back