• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to installing the USB charger port on my 2023. 30 minute job. Removed the top cowl (air filter cover) to reach the connector with extra long needle nose and a long screwdriver to pop it off the spade mount.
Connected the new cable from below. just enough room between one of the side panels to fish the cables down and back up... Done.
Procrastinated this task all summer. LOL

Went out for an overnight camp. I made a big clockwise arch from Philadelphia up into New York (NY) state, crossing into Connecticut (CT) near the NY / Massachusetts (MA) border. From there it was zig zag back and forth over the MA and CT borders as I rode east before camping in Sturbridge MA. The next morning I dropped down into Rhode Island just because it was so close. Then back west across northern CT back into NY and then home to PA. I rode all rural roads for the 650 miles. Early morning and late afternoon sun glare was a problem. Foggy the first morning.

IMG_3469.jpgIMG_3470.jpgIMG_3485.jpgIMG_3488.jpgIMG_3492.jpg

Intended on going out today on the NC for my quick 40 mile route but the battery is dead. I'll order a new one, probably a Noco lithium. I'm going to Toronto tomorrow so it will have to wait until I get back to pop it in. The battery is actually 5 years old which is not bad for Florida.
Traded out the old battery for the new. I did go with the Noco. Much lighter and the bike starts up right away. Short test ride followed.

Rain forecasted for the morning. It wasn't raining when it came time to leave for breakfast with my motorcycle club so I rode. It was dry for the whole ride up. Rained pretty good during breakfast. It stopped raining for the ride home. Total miles for the ride 38 miles.

Rode the bike to work. Didn't dawn on me until I got off work at 7pm that it was going to be dark when I got home. Deer deer in the evening hours. I have a 300ft driveway and 2 acre field by the driveway...deer love the field and when they spook, they run across the driveway.....but it was fun.

Trip to next town for coolant and radiator sealant for car. Then just pootling around for a few hours.
Very unseasonal weather for October with temps at 17 Celsius. Was overheating in the gear. Thursday will be a trip to Dublin. Free valve adjustment from the dealer. Quite a bit of condensation in the instrument display. Will see if I can find a solution to that.

Geez, just about my least favorite riding condition for today's 54 mile ride... 53 degrees, intermittent sprinkles, very overcast and somewhat breezy. The only thing that would have been worse is if the sprinkles had turned into showers. I'd rather ride in 30 degrees and snow flurries. Luckily the roads were fun and there was very little traffic.

much better today... sunny blue skies white puffy clouds. and 65 degrees for my 53 mile ride. Soy beans are all about picked in my area. Just big empty fields now.

PPNkNxnh.jpg

yesterday actually.

I had taken a 67 mile ride on a loop I call the Ridge because it runs along a ridgetop that the native Americans called Bullskin Ridge due to hunting buffalo there, we just called it ST RT 133 @ 69 degrees and sunny

3WB23vEh.jpg

when I got home @ 3:30 the electricity was out at the house, so I got back on the bike and headed out for another 33 miles, making it an even 100 for the day. On that ride I turned over another milestone on my 21 DCT

XyrgEggh.jpg

btw even though the energy company said they would have the electricity back on at 7 PM yesterday it didn't come back on until 4:30 AM this morning.

While going out to dinner last night in the cage with Mrs Ferret, due to not being able to cook at home, we discovered a GREAT motorcycling road in the next county east, I had never been on before, but certainly will again in the future. So I guess the electricity being out turned out to be a blessing lol.

Last edited:
Up to Dublin and back. Foggy and cold start. Had the heated grips on and couldn't see a thing on parts of the back roads where they dipped down into the mist.
Dropped bike off at the dealer and spent the day with my wife. Picked the bike up to be told it needs a new oil seal. All under warranty but will mean dropping the engine. Now waiting for parts and for a dealer slot. Will be a two day job.
No problem running the bike. I check oil levels anyway.
Ride home was a pleasure once I got out of the rush hour Dublin traffic. A fair amount of filtering was needed. From Dublin headed up into Wicklow and had some nice bends but a lot of farm slurry. A bit windy and still cold but mild for October. The Oxford heated grips are luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back