• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
175 mile round trip to have lunch with my old riding buddy I rode to Cali with in 2014. Was 51 and sunny when I took off and 78 when I got back home.

Oh and turned over another milestone on my 2021 DCT

KeatE0Hh.jpg

Well, I'm gonna need @Chabon and that navigation setup for the week ahead, as I prepare to head out today on a week camping.

I live on the south-coast of England and in previous jaunts have travelled furthest south (Lizard Point) and west (Lands End) for mainland United Kingdom. This trip is to the dead centre of Great Britain - on the map that's Whitendale Hanging Stones in the Forest of Bowland:

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/blog/where-is-the-centre-of-great-britain

Bike is packed. In the crash bar soft bags I've got spare gloves, WD40, chain wax and brush - with a pair of mess tins containing my breakfasts for the week ahead (porridge and tea). Side hard panniers contains hiking boots, trainers and my assorted clothing. Top box contains the tent, small gas bottles, burner and pan - along with a chair to sit on and some empty water bottles to fill later. Under the orange cover is a 40l backpack, with trekking poles on the outside but packed full of my sleep system - rollmat, sleeping bag with liner, fleece and travel pillow.

Oddly, not so overloaded as previous trips ...on the centre stand, the rear wheel still balances above the ground, rather than the front free in the air. Either I'm doing better at packing less ...or I have forgotten something.

For some reason I can't upload a photo but will share one later if I can

Took a ~90 mi. out and back lunch cruise the other day w/ the usual guys. Big loop via Hwy 17 and 1 to 152 up into Gilroy, CA. Excellent Chile Verde for lunch. Then back home up through the Uvas reservoir/canyon area over to Los Gatos, and the rest on Hwy 17 back home. I think that was my longest ride to date and my ass was getting pretty sore towards the end.

We were all trying out some Cardo comms that use DMC/mesh and they perform 100x better than the bluetooth versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back