• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2023: What did you do to/with your NC700/NC750 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered a new front tire. It got here quick, but Has a date code of 1017.
Tire I'm removing is 3621.
If you don't know, the first two digits is the week of the year, and second two is the year.
So I bought a 6 year old, new tire.

If you don't know, the first two digits is the week of the year, and second two is the year.
I would want a newer rubber. However, to ease your mind, here is a video that eased my mind about old “new” tires.

There is another video made by Arie from Revzilla where he takes these old tires and runs track laps and then compares track lap times on new tires of the same model. I can’t find the video at the moment but the results were a surprise. His lap times were nearly identical with old vs new tires.

Last edited:
Honda recommends tire replacement at 10 years old if not before. I have no problem keeping tires that long. At some point as I age, I may say to myself that the tire could outlast my remaining ride time.

I would want a newer rubber. However, to ease your mind, here is a video that eased my mind about old “new” tires.

There is another video made by Arie from Revzilla where he takes these old tires and runs track laps and then compares track lap times on new tires of the same model. I can’t find the video at the moment but the results were a surprise. His lap times were nearly identical with old vs new tires.
Thanks for that. I an enjoyed the breakdown.

Went out for a 60 miler on the NC this morning. I have been riding our new Can Am a lot lately to become familiar with the controls. The practice must be working because I caught my self reaching for the DCT shift paddle with the my thumb while I was accelerating. On the Can Am the thumb shifter is an upshift and on my DCT the thumb shifter is a down shift. Accidently down shifting would have been embarrassing.

Tooted the horn a couple of times while trying to cancel the turn signal too. The buttons are reversed between the two bikes.

I have been in fiddly farkle town and not really riding. #1 farkle was trying out some of those windshield brackets that raise it ~2 inches. Had to take a minute to figure out how they went on (no instructions), then lost one of the lock nuts during the fiddly diddly, drove to Ace to get another, then spent a few minutes cursing at them because they were a PIA to get on. I think they work pretty good for the $15-20 they sell for. The air is definitely going more over my head, the jury's still out on the buffeting from the sides. This windshield stuff is aggravating. Effectiveness vs. looks is the problem.

#2 butt-farkle, the Sargent 'World Sport Performance' seat. What a let down...the fitment in front was bad, I don't know if that's on purpose or it needs to be broken in. It would pop out of the two little side recesses that are under the lower rear of the frunk. I gave it a semi long test ride and while it felt a bit better than the stock seat, it's not $400 better - the forward downward slope was still there. I didn't like the firmness either, so I guess I need to find something with a bit more cushion. Away with ye!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    966.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Date of manufactor was 10th week of 2017 , I Just put on some 4019 that I had for my ZRX or VFR (170) and they felt fine today as I was scuffing the in, matter of fact tit felt better than the front which is a 2023

I've been getting around 18000 miles on my front tire. I need good wet traction, and don't have confidence in starting with an old tire. I did find that video, and if I was only riding on a dry racetrack, would probably do the same thing.
A new tire has been ordered from a store where I can pick it up, or reject it if too old.

Fitted the healtech gear indicator and calibrated it. That OBD is a PITA.
We finally got some nice clear weather. Took the bike out on the twisties and 5km in it bucketed down. Got soaked but had a big grin on my face.
Bike and my back was covered in muck. I live in rural Ireland so the mud is a mixture of field and cow.I got it home and pumped up the spray bottle. Now it is nice and clean and dry again and under it's cover.
Tomorrow, will paint the spotlight bezels as they get a beating and also one of the crash bars needs a touch up. Swing arm as well.
Note to self. Need to buy a front fender extender. Not bothered about my back as the shock is protected.

Went for a short ride to Apple Hill and back yesterday and trying to decide if I should ride over Carson and Monitor or Ebbetts pass today or take the car and dog and go flyfishing on the Carson or Silver Fork of the American. Going on a short ride to take Artemisinin and Immunity to a fellow member in Pollock Pines who just came down with Covid

My wife and I have done both Ebbett's and Monitor passes, on an NC 700 btw, both good/fun roads. I remember eating at a nice little restaurant on one of them across from a pretty big lake. where you could feed chipmunks by hand.

Heya all,

Here is the progress on my NC thus far, bashplate casting up next...whoop whoop.
Youtube FranksWay
Safe Travels all.

Attachments

• Build 2 NC700(2).png
    Build 2 NC700(2).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
360 miles round trip to the northwest corner of the panhandle today. Almost hit a pronghorn antelope, came over a hill and he was running down the centerline of the road. I slowed down to about 50mph, he was quickly leaving me behind at that speed. Amazing creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back