• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

4 month waiting list for DCTs in the UK

As said above, be very precise with the throttle, it still has a biting point which you soon learn, I also trail the back brake a little.

If the software is programmed correctly giving optimum shift points up and down the rev range (I assume Honda has this figured out), letting the electronics do all the math results in engine longevity and frees up the rider to enjoy the ride and not thinking shift points.
One can always revert back to manual shifting, albeit thumb vs toe, when Ronnie Racer is in the saddle.

Some argue DCT detracts from the 'experience', but I feel it actually enhances it in a way most do not realize.

When I went looking the dealer had a DCT on the floor, but it just didnt feel right to me sitting on a bike with no clutch lever. Even though it had been near 20 years since I last rode the missing clutch just seemed too odd, plus the 1K$ price difference I went with a manual model they had in warehouse. The ABS would of been nice, but its not like I ever rode a bike with them so dont really miss it. Even if I did lock up rear tire yesterday when stopping for a few Pheasants that walked out in front of me.

I do not own an NC yet but it will be DCT for sure when I do and am awaiting the 750, hopefully for 2015.

I currently ride my 6 speed CRF250L motard nearly daily to my farm, a 12 mile run winding on switchback roads large trucks cannot negotiate (and turn back).
I imagine how the ride would be on a DCT and a smile comes to my face. On one uphill turn (the one the trucks cannot get around) I downshift from 4th to 2nd, really tight.

Sitting on a bike w/o a clutch lever, Russell, is odd at first, but will become familiar quite easily.

driven a scooter?

use it just like that. got it be very precise with throttle input.

Actually, I haven't. I figured it might be like that but the NC weighs a good bit more than a scooter. With the clutchfull NC I find that on U-turns and some slow maneuvers that I'm using the clutch for speed control and I'm not sure that I could do them with just the throttle.

Dont worry of the weight. I do uturn on the nc all the time. If you dont get a chance to ride dct nc . Try a scooter. Burgman 650 weight about the same.

Last edited:
Actually, I haven't. I figured it might be like that but the NC weighs a good bit more than a scooter. With the clutchfull NC I find that on U-turns and some slow maneuvers that I'm using the clutch for speed control and I'm not sure that I could do them with just the throttle.
Mreric is correct. Ride the rear brake a bit to control speed like a scooter. I find this easier with a clutch, but with practice the rear brake technique works.

I can do any slow speed maneuvers such as "U-Turns" on my DCT without any issues. Balance and throttle control are the key.

The Power-train Control Module (PCM) controls the clutch engagement by monitoring many items such as engine speed throttle position. The DCT System will "Take Care" of itself, while you take care of the controls and piloting of the bike.

Dont worry of the weight. I want uturn on the nc all the time. If you dont get a chace to ride dct nc . Try a scooter. Burgman 650 weight about the same.

NC700XD weighs 503lbs. The 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive ABS weighs 613lbs. I was going to buy the Burgman before deciding to go for the NC DCT instead.

...aaaaand back to the original theme of this post !
Here in Athens Greece, the waiting list for the DCT has grown to one month and 4 days :(
This waiting list is for the silver color of the NC750X DCT.
But I dislike white or red that were available during my order.
Patience...

...aaaaand back to the original theme of this post !
Here in Athens Greece, the waiting list for the DCT has grown to one month and 4 days :(
This waiting list is for the silver color of the NC750X DCT.
But I dislike white or red that were available during my order.
Patience...

thought you guys were suffering from the EU austerity etc.
and no money!!
but soon the isle of crete will be having some of my money from this week end.
me and wify are going there this weekend for our hols.

Last edited:
thought you guys were suffering from the EU austerity etc.
and no money!!
but soon the isle of crete will be having some of my money from this week end.
me and wify are going there this weekend for our hols.
Personally I sold my car so that I can buy a motorcycle and go to my work that I still have.
If you could have an idea of how many unreasonable taxes are dictated here by the eu and the troika you wouldn't make fun of the serious situation here.
I hope this is not the only weekend that you had holidays for this year, because if this is true, then the austerity has spread all over.

Personally I sold my car so that I can buy a motorcycle and go to my work that I still have.
If you could have an idea of how many unreasonable taxes are dictated here by the eu and the troika you wouldn't make fun of the serious situation here.
I hope this is not the only weekend that you had holidays for this year, because if this is true, then the austerity has spread all over.

I wasn't making fun.
the EU to me is the worst thing to happen especially to the Greeks
I'm hoping we'll be out. they're no good just a bunch of no body's milking it for themselves.
since it was formed and those who joined soon went spiraling downwards.
I could say more but this isn't the place to discuss politics.
soon you'll be a proud owner ,so at least you've got some thing to look forward to.
and please stay with us and tell us all about your rides inc pictures.

Fourty-three days with no bike and still counting...

@johnakay: of course I staying here m8...there is no better place to find NC mods.
Many thanks to all the people with NCs that share their experiences.Hope to add mine soon.

I purchased my dct in 2013. So far I have seen several nc700's around San Francisco and on the highways. Haven't met another dct model as yet.

Here in Singapore the wait time for a 750D is 6 mths up. That's because the 700D took too long a time to clear and the main distributor is scared of getting stuck with stock. They still had an DN-01 in their showroom recently! I was lucky to pick up my 700D last November at a discount. It was sitting for months on the showroom floor without any takers. Loved it! For friends not from Singapore, why not have it shipped in direct from Japan? are you concerned mainly by warranty or access to mechanics? For example some local exclusive distributors would not do servicing for parallel imported bikes unless some sign on fees amounting to a few thousand was paid. The other trouble of directly importing bikes here in Singapore is approval clearance with the relevant authorities. After documentation, the bike needs to be towed to an inspection center for tests and approvals before its allowed to be ridden. Guess that would be the biggest hurdle if you live far away from the nearest test center.

Last edited:
OK, now you can applause.The silver DCT model came here last week and I got it at my garage two days ago.Almost two months but it was worth it.
The first ride was to the south, to the ancient temple of Sounio, exactly the path that was used when it was introduced to the world press in its European premiere here in Athens, back in February?March? of this year.
My impressions from this almost 100 kms ride were good.It felt like I knew this beauty from years...by having low center of gravity the handling turns pretty good.
As it is my second only motorcycle (my previous one was a CRF 250 L) I took it easily and did not give it hard accelerations.I was impressed with the average consumption, which it was 3.3 lt/100km.
I felt it was noisy at my full face helmet.It was blowing about 4 Bfts that day at the sea-shore road, but I have to check again another day that it won't have so much wind.
Also I used the lights on my way back.They work brilliant in parts of the road that is totally dark.But as many car drivers are usually "blind", I have to install a pair of extra LEDs to be seen more.
Already planning my next trip to the north this time.Probably I will open a new thread to express more thoughts on my DCT and take some pictures.
:)

Back