• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

40 mpg!

Kafn8td

Reaction score
Visit site
Well that's what I got on my KTM 990 SMT, highly tuned, that best it's ever gotten! Oh yeah, my wife on her NC700 got 84 MPG. Damn show off.

This was a mix of city and highway. She does a good job of keeping up with me, and the highway was 70 - 75 MPH.

If you make the mistake of asking her in what other ways she is more than twice as good as you, make sure the room has a comfortable chair; you're going to be there a while.

I did a 220 mile group run today. I was the only NCx. Met at Conoco. They all filled up. I only had 26 miles on the fresh tank. Well they all had to stop 100 miles later. I was still over half tank. So next stop 70 miles later. Group ate lunch. They all got gas. I said, ah I can go more....235 miles before I got nervous.

What a wonderful bike....

I didn't know you had met my wife. We got our motorcycle license in 1969, the first year required in Texas. I still here how she made a higher grade than me on the motorcycle test. Heck, I even went down a one way street the wrong way, but I still passed. Guess what, our licenses say the same thing - Motorcycle Endorsement.

Myself and Bamamate ran across some very friendly Harley bikers at an old general store on Highway 7 in Arkansas. "Something" Gap. Cool old store. Used to be a psot office and barber shop. Anyway, they were running out of fuel and were looking for directions. Well I was lost but Bamamate knew the area fairly well and we just happened to be looking at the map. One rider in particular was quite the characture and had made up his mind since he was headed south it was all down hill and he could just coast to the gas station. It was about 40-50 miles to the nearest station so they figured they could make it. During the conversation they made a couple comments about having to stop for fuel often. That is when we decided to inform them that we average about 70mpg. They immediately all replied 70 MPG!!! Either they didn't believe us or were completely shocked.

Believe it or not Harley's don't get bad gas mileage. About 50 miles per gallon and 4 quarts of oil.

He did mention that the only thing that did not leak from his bike was fuel. Which isn't entirely true because it kinda leaks into the carburetor. ;)

Those were the Harleys of old my '09 FLHT averaged 45 - 49 mpg, and never lost a drop of oil from anywhere and was an all around great bike I had to change my brake light bulb once and changed the oil in the 27,000+ mile I had her. Not one problem. Now I own a Gobi Ural 2011 and yes she leaks or should I say seeps oil from many places not unlike the Harley of yesteryear. Of course it is roughly that 1939 designed BMW only built in Urbit, Siberia.

Back