• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

60/40 Tire choice for the NC

Sounds good ,I'm going to the Touratech/Overland rally at the end of June , you should come along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like fun but there is no way I am getting our of prison, I mean away from work, for 4 days on a weekend my team is releasing software.

For anyone else that wants to go - here is the link - 2014-Touratech-Rally

The only true 60% off road / 40% on road that fit the NC7 without modifications are:

40% On Road / 60 % Off Road Dirt Tires:

Continental TKC80 Tires
Front Tire - 120/70-17
Rear Tire - 150/70-17

Kenda K784 Big Block
Rear Tire - 150/70-17

I agree that overall you will have better luck, on road handling (wet or dry), and road mileage with the Continental TKC80 Tires.

However, in the dirt the Kenda Big Block rear tire handles just a small amount better.

Well ...my dealer couldn't get a TKC80 front tire for me ....they are on backorder !!! Sooooooo I am get a Shinko 705 !!!! Still putting a K60 on the rear so we will see how this combination works !! I should have my bike by the end of the week, sure am excited to ride !!!!

Well ...my dealer couldn't get a TKC80 front tire for me ....they are on backorder !!! Sooooooo I am get a Shinko 705 !!!! Still putting a K60 on the rear so we will see how this combination works !! I should have my bike by the end of the week, sure am excited to ride !!!!

Just remember you will likely need to lift the front fender to clear the Shinko front tire...

Are you doing a 120 or a 130 Shinko. ??.

Ok....(now don't think I am crazy :rolleyes:) BUT .....I came home last night and RESEARCHED my decision AND I cancelled my Shinko (120/90r17) this morning !! After figuring out that it would be roughly the same size as the 130/80r17 .....I would still have to lift the front fender. So I started phoning around and I can get a TKC80 (120/70r17) out of Ontario and have it here by end of week or early next week. Should work...even if I get the bike on Friday !!!!
I ordered a windscreen and handguards too from Ontario. Bike should pretty well be set!!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE MY HONDA!!!!!!!

P.S. KLR sold today ..... now without wheels !!! Happy and sad !!! LOL

Ok....(now don't think I am crazy :rolleyes:) BUT .....I came home last night and RESEARCHED my decision AND I cancelled my Shinko (120/90r17) this morning !! After figuring out that it would be roughly the same size as the 130/80r17 .....I would still have to lift the front fender. So I started phoning around and I can get a TKC80 (120/70r17) out of Ontario and have it here by end of week or early next week. Should work...even if I get the bike on Friday !!!!
I ordered a windscreen and handguards too from Ontario. Bike should pretty well be set!!!
I CAN'T WAIT TO RIDE MY HONDA!!!!!!!

P.S. KLR sold today ..... now without wheels !!! Happy and sad !!! LOL

Plus I believe the 120 Shinko is a tube type.No problem running a tube but makes trail side repairs a little harder. !!.

I've been researching for about a week, and I need help choosing the right tires. I want to do some off road rides, but I also commute on my bike. I want a tire that lasts around 10k miles. Will the TKC 80 front tire paired up with the Heidenou K60 back tire work for my purposes?

Oh ya. !!
I got 13,000 miles out of that combo, 60% of that was commuting.

Thats the kind of mileage I am hoping for !!!! I do lots of slab too.....but since I am coming off a KLR ....I do enjoy some gravel and fire roads as well!!!

I could have got atleast another 2,000 miles out of them but the handling was starting to get a little funky , well funkier anyway !!.

I could have got atleast another 2,000 miles out of them but the handling was starting to get a little funky , well funkier anyway !!.

Perfect! I have 14k miles on the original tires and chain, I will order the tires and install them, at the same time as installing the chain.

Thanks!!

Well got a few miles of gravel under my belt the last couple days ......I like it. The bike handles really well and had no issues. Now just to have the time to ride more !!! LOL

So I ended up buying TKC 80 front, Shinko 705 rear. Anyone have any mileage on the shinkos? I know the TKC80 will be good for at least 10k

Back