• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A huge roll top dry duffel

Cigar Mike

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted a large roll top dry duffel for carrying all the camping gear. I had no idea how big 115 litters would be(34"x 15"x14"). I put everything I could find in the bag to see if I could fill it up. Compared to everything else I saw out there for more than twice the price I am happy with this. The large instead of the extra large would probably be the best choice for most. The duffel costs $48.
002.jpg

I like this more than the idea of multiple bags on the bikes and stacked two high. We will have to see how it works out.

Last edited:
MC acessory companies like First Gear,Givi, Shad, Twisted Throttle make good dry bags in all sizes with tie down points and straps. Tie down points on bag make it much easier to attach to MC.

And where did you find this bag? I looks waterproof. I was just thinking I might need something like this.....

I bought it through Amazon. Here is the link.
Amazon.com : Dry Pak DP-D2BK Black XL Waterproof Duffel Bag : Clothing

The bag is 100% waterproof. I read many of the reviews and every review agreed that it is waterproof. The 70 Liter bag would probably been big enough, I got the 115 liter. It is over kill but I will have no problem finding room to put riding gear liners in when I don't them.

Last edited:
Either Fuzzy or OCR (more thinking OCR) has a 90 lt. bag. It was pretty big! That's a real good buy at $48!

Now all you have have to do before your next big trip is take off your rear seat. Instant access to the gas tank. That's what I did for the June Arkansas ride. Worked great!

MC acessory companies like First Gear,Givi, Shad, Twisted Throttle make good dry bags in all sizes with tie down points and straps. Tie down points on bag make it much easier to attach to MC.

You are correct. They are a fraction of the size of even the 75L bag and cost twice to three times as much. To have 75 liters of dry storage would cost you well over $200. One of the things that is nice about this bag is the bathtub bottom. I don't have any problem tying the bag to the bike. Two properly connected and positioned straps do the job nicely.

Either Fuzzy or OCR (more thinking OCR) has a 90 lt. bag. It was pretty big! That's a real good buy at $48!

Now all you have have to do before your next big trip is take off your rear seat. Instant access to the gas tank. That's what I did for the June Arkansas ride. Worked great!

One of the reasons for one large bag. Two quick releases and the bag is off. It takes only a few extra minutes to do it and by the time I fill up I am ready to be off the bike for a few minutes. And I have help since my wife is with me on my rides.

Either Fuzzy or OCR (more thinking OCR) has a 90 lt. bag. It was pretty big! Yours is a real good buy at $48! I think the 90 ltr bag would be good for me even though the price would be way more than yours, Mike.

Fuzzy's right about having tie down points. I like my Nelson Rigg adventure bag with all the tie down points it has. At 40 ltrs though, it's too small.

Another consideration is getting stuff out of the saddle bags. I'm getting Tusk panniers that top load. Got to "pre-think" when loading!

Last edited:
I have several bags I use for different trips. When I travel and stay in motels and cabins I use a much smaller bag. The 115 litter is only for camping gear. I like to take to much stuff but I like to use what I bring and the bike has no problem with the load for pavement. I have even a smaller one for day trips where the temps might change from very cold to hot. the small one gives me room to shed liners and layers. The saddlebags will do different duty now that I have the 115l bag. I believe the 75L bag would have been more than large enough.

Great find for the price. I just grabbed this 55L bag, think I paid close to $40 and it's half the size.

14795054690_253634c44a_b.jpg

It's as big as I need it to be, but if you didn't have other waterproof storage bigger might be necessary. I looked at the moto-specific ones, but like Mike, I wasn't seeing the value for money. Two ROK straps and this is on or off in seconds. Took my seat off for my trip next week, fuel stops will be a non-issue.

trey

Trey - You'll really like NOT having that seat when gassing up!
I too, have the Rok straps, and they are great but a hassle is a hassle.

Btw- I rolled up my tool bag and stuck where the seat would've been, thus freeing up frunk space.

I have the exact same bag as Cigar Mike, only mine is blue. I have used it on several days worth of trips over the last year. It works great! I have two side-buckle straps that I made to tie it down. It takes 15 seconds to remove the bag, and maybe a minute tying it back on if I am going slow.

Back