• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

A new beginning, my brand new 2016 NC700XD

Nofear2trek

Elite Member
Reaction score
Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht t
Visit site
It is nice to be able to support one of the forums sponsors, but even better when they are just so doggone great to work with. Such is the case with every one of the team at South Bound Honda.

Wanting a new 2016 NC700XD DCT, while on my return trip from Return to the Dragon in N.C., last Wednesday I emailed Dale (HONDABIKEPRO) at South Bound Honda to find out if he had one in stock. His wife Vicki replied that they expected their very first one on Friday. I arrived home in Oregon Wednesday evening, Thursday morning rented a Uhaul trailer and loaded my two 2012 NC700X's, one manual and the other a DCT, for the 350 mile journey up to Tacoma, WA.

image.jpg

Arriving at South Bound Honda Friday morning, I was there to see the brand new 2016 NC700XD arrive. Ohh, what a feeling!

image.jpg

Now to get on with the horse trading!

image.jpg

Once my two tradein's were evaluated and a deal struck, papers were signed with Joey, the sales manager.

image.jpg

The process could not have been any easier because of all the crew being, again, so doggone nice.

Ray

Now for the transition of goodies from my two 2012's to be transferred onto my brand new 2016.

Off from the old.

image.jpg

On to the new.

image.jpg

Transition complete, she is born as a true Northwesterner, in the rain, for the 350 mile trip back home in Oregon.

image.jpg

New home in Coos Bay, in a morning mist, or what we here call, 'Oregon sunshine'.

image.jpg

Did I mention it before, how doggone nice those folks are at South Bound Honda? They are! Thanks to all of them for making everything so easy for me.

Ray

Last edited:
Good for you...
Congrats...

I should have my 2016 NC DCT in a week or so.

May I inquire...

What goodies were transferred seamlessly from the pre 2016 to your new 2016?

I was disappointed to learn that the pre 2016 MRA Vario Touring Screen will not fit the 2016.

d'milan

What goodies were transferred seamlessly from the pre 2016 to your new 2016?
Seamlessly, the MW-Motech Crash Bars, the Storm Handguards, Russel Day-long Seat, HONDABIKEPRO's pinion rack, Honda OEM Center Stand, Knight Wide/Lowered Foot Pegs, Front Fork Brace, and Tourotech Pannier Racks.

Minor fitting required, HONDABIKEPRO's DCT Skidplate.

Madstad Windscreen Mount currently doesn't fit and I haven't had a chance to see if I can adapt it.

I haven't changed the OEM exhaust to my Lee Vincent yet, but it looks seamless. Haven't put on the mirror extensions yet either, but no problem is expected.

Ray

Thanks Ray..

I'm having the dealer install heated grips and a new Honda center stand.

No radiator guard or front fender extender for you?
Those 2 items and a windshield or windshield spoiler will be next for me....

Guess if the earlier version Touratech Bag Mounts fit, so will all the others....
I'll consider that down the road...

Enjoy!

I'm having the dealer install heated grips and a new Honda center stand.

No radiator guard or front fender extender for you?
I bought an Oxford Heaterz Premium Adventure Heated Grips to try out. I had the Honda Heated Grips on the manual NC, they seemed OK, but now I want to try these. At $90 I think the are cheaper too.

I have a new fender extender on order, wasn't worth pulling off the older bikes. With HONDABIKEPRO's Skidplate & the front fender extender on, I don't see a reason for the radiator guard. I gotta get my 22 inch Madstad back on though, I luv it! The Lee Vincent goes on as soon as I finish cleaning it, I am soothed by its soft purring sound.

Ray

Great looking new ride. Like the new instrument panel. When are you going to Alaska?
Being gone all April and a good part of May, about 16k miles combined, I need a break. June is out for me, more stuff to put on the new bike and I want to tweak the trailer hitch swingarm brackets & rear fender a bit. Earliest date to leave is now 7/7 which could be lucky for me!

Ray

Got both my eye lids cut on Thursday. Lots of swelling. My pre-op is on 7/5/2016. My knee operation is on 7/27/2016. So, 21 days to ride in between. Alaska and back?, just a thought. How long a trip are you taking in Alaska? Riding hard, I have made Oregon in 3 days!

Last edited:
Got both my eye lids cut on Thursday. Lots of swelling. My pre-op is on 7/5/2016. My knee operation is on 7/27/2016. So, 21 days to ride in between. Alaska and back?, just a thought. How long a trip are you taking in Alaska? Riding hard, I have made Oregon in 3 days!
OCR, I don't have any itinerary other than pointing the front wheel north and going. If you would like to go together, we could ride to suit your schedule without any problems.

So as you say, 'Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? Just do it. Shut the frunk up and Ride !!!!!!!!!!'!

Ray

Last edited:
I have pre-sergical risk assessment on 06/28/2016. As long as I get though that, I have pre-op on 07/05/2016 at 9:30. Still got to lose 12 lbs, but should make it ok. I could leave after pre-op heading to beautiful Oregon again if all goes well. Nothing like fishing for whales in Oregon.

fish.jpg

Back