• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ABS by model

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As a newbie on the site, I was wondering if Honda had any specific technical reason for only offering ABS on the DCT model? It seems that it should be an option on any of the series.

$$$$$ I think it all boiled down to dollars.

5.jpgHonda NC700X
Starting at $7,799 + Destination Charge: $310.00 (Included in dealer cost) = $8109 + ($400 for ABS if added) = $8509
Weight 472
Honda Seat Height 32.7 "

The competition Honda is aiming at:
BMW G 650 GS
MSRP starting at $7,850 (including ABS) + Dealer decides if to charge Destination Charge (Most Do) (Not included in dealer cost) $310 = $8610
Weight 430
BMW Seat Height 31.5, but can be lowered to 30.3

Honda can say the NC700X is $500 less than the BMW?
This gives Honda a competitive advantage!

In real life the Honda NC700X is really $100 less than the BMW G 650 GS.

Forgot to mention I bleed Honda Red, so I would always buy the Honda.

smileyLargesmile.jpg

Last edited:
Bottom line the ABS is offered on non DCT models in other countries so no technical issue. Purely a marketing decision in US. Maybe a tactic to get guys like me off the fence to try DCT. I love my DCT but probably would have manual if available with ABS.

OCR is correct. I was so close in choosing a bmw g650gs, only thing that persuaded me was the HONDA DCT. In which bmw did not have an answer for.
HONDA won, however the dct model was an up charge as everyone knows.

Ken

Last edited:
Depends on the country as to what you can get.

In Japan, I had my choice of red, black, white, or silver. With or without ABS. I placed an order for a red manual with ABS at a local dealer on one Saturday. He called the factory in Kumamoto and confirmed availability. I picked it up the following Saturday.

I was surprised to find the rest of the world was getting such limited choices.

Back