• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

advise for a used NC700X

rjcrtc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hope to own a 2012 NC700X with 10,000 miles, in the next few days. Please advise if there are any specific items I should check carefully while evaluating the condition of the bike. I have been riding since 1992 and this will be my 8th bike. Never owned more than one at a time. Just got rid of the most uncomfortable ride I have ever owned - a Ducati Diavel. It just killed my hips. Could not ride it for more than an hour.

Only known issue on the 2012 was a drive chain recall. It affected only certain chains but they were all inspected. You can check the VIN at the Honda site to see if it's been done. American Honda Motor Co. Other than that, usual used motorcycle stuff. I'd guess by 10,000 miles, the original stock tires are gone. Not that they were terrible, but they didn't have really long life.

I've got about 6k on my '12 manual tranny. I bought it used at 1300 miles. No issues to report! Good luck, keep us posted.

Same here. welcome. I'm also in the KC area and right at about that mileage on my 2012. Just FYI - there is a regular maintenance interval at 8K to change oil + filter and check valve clearance. Most folks (myself included) will drain/fill coolant at same time - Maintenance Schedule attached.

2012 NC700X Maintenance Schedule.jpg

I am on near 40000 from new and would happily buy one at this mileage as still goes like or better than new , The only expensive thing to look for would be saggy leaky suspension.

Try to find a bike with an after market seat, as most folks will purchase a new more comfortable seat. Used seats are posted for sale on this forum often.

Thank you for your comments. I went ahead and purchased the 2012 bike. If the roads are free of snow, I will be picking it up tomorrow or Sat. It has Honda saddlebags, heated grips and center stand. I have already started a list of additional accessories I will consider. The windshield and seat replacement will all depend on my riding comfort with the stock items. Live on the Kansas side of the metro area. Looking forward to my new ride!

Thank you for your comments. I went ahead and purchased the 2012 bike. If the roads are free of snow, I will be picking it up tomorrow or Sat. It has Honda saddlebags, heated grips and center stand. I have already started a list of additional accessories I will consider. The windshield and seat replacement will all depend on my riding comfort with the stock items. Live on the Kansas side of the metro area. Looking forward to my new ride!

Congrats! I've got a Madstad windscreen on mine if you want to look at one in person. I'm in JoCo MO, but can be in JoCo KS in about 45 minutes.

Thank you for the offer. We could meet somewhere in the middle when winter is over. It looks like it will be warm enough tomorrow, that the roads will clear and I can get the bike later in the afternoon. It's at the dealership in Grandview.

Yes, I picked up my bike on Friday. Really like it. I have put about 75 miles on it so far. I definitely think I will need a better windshield and probably a seat also. I have already ordered the fender extender and a radiator cover.

Check the rear wheel bearings. They have failed on a couple of bikes including mine, at relatively low mileage. Best of luck otherwise.

Back