• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

African Twin

I believe in Canada you will be able to get the Africa Twin in Black. In the US we can only get the Grey and the Red. The folks in Europe I believe can get all the colors.

In a couple years there will be plenty of ATs for sale in the used market. Let someone else take the initial financial hit.

A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow! The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day.

Still sometimes we procrastinate. Why not seize the pleasure at once? -- How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, and foolish planning? JUST DO IT!

Last edited:
Somebody's got to buy new so there is a used market.

As an aside the words "ordered" and "sold" are being used but my understanding is the numbers and models of ATs ordered first week of Feb are not really ordered in Honda North America speak but rather requested and are part of how HNA is forecasting allocations of what will be made available to dealers. If my information is correct dealers were given a max number of bikes they could request by color and model but that's no guarantee they will indeed get their requests filled with initial shipments. If dealers pre sell based on requests some buyers may be waiting for subsequent months beyond the first deliveries.

The folks in India will not be getting the Honda Africa Twin until November 2016. The India Honda Africa Twin will be in manual only, but that bike will be produced by Honda in India.

Watching the burnouts , that 998cc engine puts out some serious power. It weighs roughly 60 lbs. more than our NC's. Looking forward to a test ride indeed. Wonder how many miles one can squeeze out of that 4.96 gal. tank?

Watching the burnouts , that 998cc engine puts out some serious power. It weighs roughly 60 lbs. more than our NC's. Looking forward to a test ride indeed. Wonder how many miles one can squeeze out of that 4.96 gal. tank?
I look at it, start developing desire, remember no frunk, never mind...

Ray

I look at it, start developing desire, remember no frunk, never mind...

Ray

Hey Ray! I had no problem losing my frunk when I got my Tenere. Of course, I have a permanent top box now-lol!
I really like the AT but will keep my Yamaha until the AT's start showing up used.

The weight differences are 34 to 37 lbs more depending on model.

Back