• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aftermarket Drive Chain Adjusters

AsureDawn

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone find any, have used any?

Only one I've found is by Dimotiv, and is simply a machined block of aluminum which replaces the oem part. OEM appears to be steel, but the aluminum is probably thick enough that it wouldn't be an issue, I think. Just, aside from tighter tolerances and aligning it more easily (and dashing good looks, at least until it gets scratched up), I'm not sure it's worth the $40 ($60 after shipping) they're asking.

Anyone find any, have used any?

Only one I've found is by Dimotiv, and is simply a machined block of aluminum which replaces the oem part. OEM appears to be steel, but the aluminum is probably thick enough that it wouldn't be an issue, I think. Just, aside from tighter tolerances and aligning it more easily (and dashing good looks, at least until it gets scratched up), I'm not sure it's worth the $40 ($60 after shipping) they're asking.

Looks to me as all you get is dashing good looks and a place to mount rear spools. The chain adjustment would be the same using the same guide marks or another alignment aid. It is still a pull-only adjustment. Push-pull adjusters would be nice.

By aligning more easily, I of course meant aligning the part in the swingarm, not aligning the marks on the adjuster. Sorry for any confusion. ;)

A larger and tighter fitting (both to the inside of the swing arm and to the axle) block will more firmly locate the axle in the swing arm and add some stiffness to the assembly. If you haven't noticed any problems with the OEM adjusters I suspect you won't notice any potential minor improvements with new adjuster blocks.

Not seeing any real advantage. It's easy enough to get accuracy and staunchness with the stock setup. I looked on eBay to see if anything from China did it just as well for cheaper but so far, nothing notable -- though there are some tensioner wheel dealies similar to what one might find on some ATVs.

I did put some fine Tusk adjusters on my WR250R, but those fit into a different swingarm design and because of that, do improve things for a more frequent adjustment routine required by off-road machines that see more sprocket and tire changing.

Back