• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Aftermarket Seat Choice - Input Requested

My limit is $400, (Russell Day Long is out)
Maybe not..
According to their web site, a seat for a NC is $395 in vinyl. I've sent them an email to confirm and if so, then for me it is an absolute no-brainer. I don't need my passenger seat redone, mostly because I don't have a passenger seat...replaced it with a 3 gallon aux fuel tank.

not directly answering the question, but somewhat. since you mention that you have a bony ***.

after looking at the prices of the aftermarket seat, the best seat mod i did was exercise my butt, squats, stairs. and many many other buttock exercises. this created a stronger body more cushion

Take some scrap lumber and replace it with the stock seat. That's what a Corbin will feel like, they're so rock hard. They don't "break in" either from my experience on other bikes. I'll be going with a Shad myself after tallying feedback from these types of questions. The Shad seat seems to have the greatest percentage of happy riders overall.

Corbin ... don't "break in"

I agree that break-in is very minor with the Corbin foam. It does, in fact, break in, though. What you mention is precisely why I suggest going the custom-shaped route with their seats. You can sit on a steel tractor seat absolutely all day, so long as it's shaped well for your bottom.

Take some scrap lumber and replace it with the stock seat. That's what a Corbin will feel like, they're so rock hard. They don't "break in" either from my experience on other bikes. I'll be going with a Shad myself after tallying feedback from these types of questions. The Shad seat seems to have the greatest percentage of happy riders overall.

I had a Corbin on my warrior. It was very hard, but after spending some time in it, I could ride on it all day long. I did notice after I stopped riding on a regular basis, I couldn't ride all day again. Not sure how much of that is my butt breaking in or the seat. I also had a corbin on my superhawk. It was better than stock, but I never did get to the point where I could ride more than an hour or so without getting sore.

I've had the seat concepts for a couple years now.. I will say this.. it gets better with age. The comfort level seems to just keep getting better the longer I have it.

It started out noticeably better than the stock seat, but it wasn't a WOW factor.... still I was happy with it. After 2 years I think it is a fantastic value and I'd say it has doubled in comfort over that time.
It will never compete with high end seats like Russel day long or others of that category, but I have nothing but praise for this seat.

I was in the same dilemma. I'm also 6'3", 190# and definitely have the bony but syndrome. I did the seat mod...meh...fixed me sliding forward but still a very uncomftable seat. I decided to try the Airhawk before I bought any new seats. I figured seats were pretty expensive and I might go through several before I found one I liked. The Airhawk was relatively inexpensive, and I figured I could add it to whatever seat I chose. In the end I'm still on the factory seat, and have put about 18k miles on it with the Airhawk.

Airhawk can probably Satisfy most people's needs. They are amazing.. Just don't let the cat near it.... It'll be full of holes!

Sent from my Moto X Pure using Tapatalk

Made the choice!

Shad it is - Ordered and delivered, Amazon Prime. Well packaged, softer and more material. Good fit and finish. Install was easy and the rear seat pops up with the key, no fitment issues whatsoever. Passed the "garage test". Very busy for the next week or two, will let you know after the first ride. Thanks for your input, appreciated.

1.jpg2.JPG3.jpg4.jpg6.JPG7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 263
So I received my seat back from Seat Concepts yesterday. I had sent in my old one and paid them to do the install. Coincidentally, it just got warm here yesterday too, so I went on my first ride of the year and did so on the new seat. Like netizen said, there wasn't a real "wow" moment, but it's a noticeable and clear improvement. It isn't super soft, but the foam is good quality. But it's the shape of the seat that's great. Way better than the OEM design in that it actually disburses your weight over a larger surface area.

Unfortunately, since it was my first ride of the year, I didn't experience the contrast so much from the old vs. new. It would have been more noticeable had I been riding on the OEM seat for a few weeks then switching to this mid-season, but whatever... I'm definitely satisfied.

We'll see how it does on long trips though... that's where I'll really find out. Got a huge trip planned for first week of June, so I'll know very soon how it handles over the long haul.

OEM Seat(s) for sale or ?

With the Shad seats on, I am going to offer the OEM seats up for sale or ? I am thinking $100 for the seats.

I would say the condition of both is excellent (see pics).

I don't use Paycom, so a little unsure how to work payment - but throwing this out there. Thanks!

IMG_0238.jpgIMG_0243.jpgIMG_0244.jpgIMG_0245.jpgIMG_0246.jpg

Shad it is - Ordered and delivered, Amazon Prime. Well packaged, softer and more material. Good fit and finish. Install was easy and the rear seat pops up with the key, no fitment issues whatsoever. Passed the "garage test". Very busy for the next week or two, will let you know after the first ride. Thanks for your input, appreciated.

That looks nice. Looking forward to some feedback after a few miles.

Purchased a Sargent and like it so far. Definitely much better than the stock seat. More side support. Will be using it this coming week a lot so can tell better by the end of the week. They included the cover for the passenger seat but I'm not going to change it. Not enough difference to really notice and that is one more thing I won't have to fool with.

Took my bike to work for the first time today (first time this year). It's 40 miles one way. The Seat Concepts seat felt great. Very happy with the purchase thus far. I got the regular (not low) version and it did raise the height a bit. And even though I'm not very tall 5'9", the increase height doesn't bother me at all.

Another vote for the Shad. Comfortable even on long (for me) rides ~200-300 miles in a day.

Ordered my Seat Concepts on the 5th and its being delivered today, just in time for my 3 day ride this weekend!

I got my Seat Concepts "Low" version installed a few days ago and finally took it out for a test ride of about 70 miles yesterday. Like others with SC seats have said, there was no "wow" factor initially, but it is a noticeable improvement. I found I wasn't shifting around nearly as much as I had been with the stock seat and the pain I had previously experienced past the 50 mile mark never happened. It is definitely firmer than the stock foam, but the SC folks told me that would be the case since the low version is thinner than standard and soft foam might result in riders bottoming out on the seat pan. That was not an issue at all on my ride. I'm satisfied with it and am expecting it to feel better the more I use it, as others have reported.

Some have recommended the "gripper" fabric but I decided to go with the standard stuff and find it's "slippery" factor to be about the same as the stock seat, which I like. But I was a little surprised that the 3/4" reduced seat height (over the stock seat) made essentially no difference in my ability to flat foot the bike. That seemed identical to when the stock seat was on it. It seems to me this is because the SC seat is a bit wider at the front so the angle my legs end up at is a bit wider than with the stock seat. I was barely able to flat foot the bike before and that has not changed, so I may drop the bike another half inch or so (I have Soupy's lowering links).

Put 187 miles on the new Sargent seat doing some adventure roads, paved and interstate. It is better than the original but by no means could I do a cross country ride on it. It will do for what I use the bike for. Would not want to have to ride it every day for long miles, still not enough padding. Looks great on the bike.

Back