• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

aftermarket shock ?

Edword

Reaction score
Visit site
would a aftermarket shock allow more for weight 250lbs and thats just me, add side bags and the old bag and we'er pushing almost 500lbs and she rides like a hardtale

Yes. One of the questions they will ask is about your weight, passenger weight, and luggage weight. They will put on the appropriate spring and then you can adjust the ride height with the preload adjuster. If you spend a little extra they can add-on a hydraulic preload adjuster which makes changing the preload easy.

I recently put Wilbers suspension on my Triumph which I use mostly two up. I was asked to weigh myself and my Wife fully dressed in our gear, and any luggage including panniers topbox and tankbag with contents. I did all of this using a bathroom scales then passed all the info on. I was also asked to describe the primary usage of the bike. On that particular bike the primary usage is two up, but it also gets used solo.

My Triumph is now much better suspended than original. The shock and fork work transformed it. I have a remote preloader on the shock as lockrings can be a pain to adjust, especially if a bike's use is varied between solo and two up. The Wilbers equipment is very high quality.

I previously mentioned on here that I did not believe the chassis of the NC warranted spending serious money on suspension components. However I am now inclined to change my mind on this subject. There are several reasons. Firstly I intend to keep the NC for a long time and secondly I am finding it a very useful and enjoyable motorcycle that is probably the most used of those that I own. Lastly the effective transformation of my Triumphs suspension by the addition of Wilbers, has me thinking of using the same equipment on the NC. I am seriously impressed with it.

I would look into a different shock since the weight limit for the nc is 450 pounds I believe. My shock seals just blew with only 8,000 miles and I never ride two up so like others said a after market should help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back