• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Alternate Handlebars

travatron4000

Reaction score
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has used any aftermarket bars and how it's worked out.

I have been using the BikeMaster Risers.

I just put a set of ProTaper SE ATV Mid bars on. I like that they're wider but I had to use all the Riser spacers to get them as high as the standard ones were with just one spacer. I was thinking about getting the ATV Mid bar or maybe even the Raptor but that might be too narrow around the clamp. I was also thinking of maybe the BikeMaster Nighthawk or LTD bars but they might have too much sweep?

Opinions?

PT Bars 1.jpg

PT Bars 2.jpg

PT Bars 3.jpg

The NC700 X that I bought used has a FatBar on it. The grips angle back less than stock. It currently has 3.2 inches of rise to get me where stock bars are with 2 inches of rise. Comfort wise, I could go either way, stock or the FatBar, but the problem is the FatBar has no weights whatsoever, and it vibrates more. I’m trying to find some decent bar end weights to mount up. I have a spare stock bar that I might just go to and save me the trouble.

The NC700 X that I bought used has a FatBar on it. The grips angle back less than stock. It currently has 3.2 inches of rise to get me where stock bars are with 2 inches of rise. Comfort wise, I could go either way, stock or the FatBar, but the problem is the FatBar has no weights whatsoever, and it vibrates more. I’m trying to find some decent bar end weights to mount up. I have a spare stock bar that I might just go to and save me the trouble.

How did they get the FatBar on? Did they make an adapter to the 1-1/8" clamp area or put on an new triple tree?

How did they get the FatBar on? Did they make an adapter to the 1-1/8" clamp area or put on an new triple tree?

The 2 inch Rox risers are 7/8” at the bottom and 1 1/8” at the top. Then I added 1 1/8”, 30mm high spacers on top of the Rox risers.

The standard bars on my 2013 model were too wide and too straight for me. I read on this site about someone trying handlebars from a Buell Blast so I found one on E-Bay and bought it, then made mods before installation. My other bike (NT700V) has handlebars/risers that are a comfy fit for me so I cut the ends of the Buell bars to match that width (32") and the pull back was about the same. The rise of the Buell bars also matched what I had on the NT with risers.

I also had to drill new holes for the Honda controls because they are captured on the bar by male pins on the lower half shell of the control unit.

Back