• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Another bike in the stable.

turbodieseli4i6

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
After having the NC on some washed out creek beds in the sticks, I decided it was just too much work for this old man, riding a 500+ pound bike in this environment.
My riding buddy bought a CRF250l and it so much easier in the woods. The TW200 I have, made this type of riding a piece of cake.
The only minor problem was the highway before the trails. The CRF could do the 75 mph trip to the woods, but I didn't like running the TW wide open for those distances. Jim (My riding bud) spent a lot of money on engine mods, so his could do the highway. The CRF is limited on aftermarket tanks and both of us wanted more fuel. He just wasn't happy with the CRF on the highway though, so he sold it and bought a 15 DR650.
After riding his DR, I started looking for one. These come up on the web at really good prices, so have the cash on ya or you could miss a great deal.

I came across a great buy on a DR650 with several thousand in accessories that I would have added anyway.
Suspension work done, 5.3 gallon fuel tank.(I may get the 6.6 if the 5.3 doesn't do what I want.)
Soft luggage and racks, engine protection,GPS, all the tools and with spare parts to make it there and back.
Pretty much everything to ride across the country and then hit the single track when you get there.
I got lucky because the seller had a lien on the bike, and the previous buyers didn't wanted to deal with the lender.

I think I have a pretty good mix now, for what I use bikes for.

20170809_090916.jpg

This is the previous home of the Dr and I changed a few things since this pic. I bought it on 08/09.
So for now, with the NC,TW,CRF and now the DR. I think I'm setup pretty good for a while. No plans on selling any bike here. ( just adding)

A pic of the DR loaded up for the 4 hour drive home.

20170809_125403.jpg

I had a DR...great bike. I got mine pretty well farkles except for the suspension. Went cogent for that.

Made a few changes and added a 6.6 gallon tank to the DR.

20170906_184239.jpg

Attachments

• 20170906_184202.jpg
    20170906_184202.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 100
I really, really like the DR650. Didn't like the seat. (Am I a broken record on this?)

Obligatory viewing for any DR owner, wannabe-owner, or like me, ex-owner. From down under:

SUZUKI DR650 10 PART SERIES: adventure bike project! - YouTube

(Great channel in general, too).

Subscribed to the channel a while back. Way better riders than I am. (And Funny!)
The only time I got to ride a DR with the stock seat was on my friends. Mine already had the problem areas dealt with.
Around $3000,00 in mods and extras. One of the reasons why I didn't waste any time buying it.
I figured $4000,00 wasn't a bad price for a 2015 with all the extras that I wanted anyway.

Glad to see those Aussies are getting some notice. They're a talented bunch.

Sounds like you did good on that purchase. I'm actively looking for another DR.

Keep looking. Another coworker found a 2012 with around 5,000 miles on it for $2,600. What a steal! I'm looking for another one for my son.

Back