• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any difference in year models?

Beachbum

Reaction score
Visit site
A dealer not terribly far from me has 2012, 2013, and of course 2014 NC700x for sale all listed as new. (Twin County Motorsports, Rocky Mount NC) Is there any difference between these bikes other than color? Since I ride a bike till the wheels fall off I don"t care about resale, but the less I spend on the bike, the more farkles I can buy.....

Extra features on instrument panel of 2014 like mpg and miles since fuel warning light came on. There is a recall to replace the panel, so if you get a 2014 make sure you don't have the bad instrument panel.

The difference is price and color. Buy a color you can tolerate at the lowest price.

The seat cover material is different on the 2014. The jury is still out on whether it's better or worse. You may eventually replace the seat, as many people do, so it may not matter anyway.

2012 models had a drive chain recall. If you buy that year, ensure that the recall was completed.

No one has yet ridden one until the wheels fell off. I wouldn't want to witness that! ;)

Last edited:
If you want OEM side bags the 2012 you will have to cut slots in the plastic.2013 and 2014 you don't.but if you go with after market bags all is the same.

The 2014 has a gear indicator on the "dash", I don't think prior models do.

My DCT is not tagged yet, but the owners manual seems to indicate all the DCTs have gear indicator.

I installed an in-dash gear indicator on my ST13 and is a nice feature on a bike as smooth as the ST.

Back