• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Any pics of the Honda tall windscreen?

Hi Gene here are some pics of the screen from different angles. I'm sorry about the Ducati camera strap that blew into the photos but you can see the screen. I hope this helps
dcp_4026-1.jpg

dcp_4169-1.jpg

dcp_4027-1.jpg

dcp_4025-3.jpg

The Honda Touring screen comes with the additional bracket to support it, I modified mine to sit a bit higher and I used spacers behind the top mounts to increase the angle of the screen.

Higher Touring screen.jpg

iPhone holder.jpg

DSC_3151.jpg

How did you Mount your iphone?

It has a clamp on the rear that clamps onto the screen support, I used a piece of 1/2" rubber hose to increase the diameter of the support bracket.

The actual clamp on the rear wouldn't lock in the landscape position it was out about 5 degrees in either direction so I took it apart and ground off the lugs and then reassembled it and used an epoxy resin (Araldite) to fix it in the Landscape position.

The case comes with all the cabling to connect it to the battery, it has a switch that I hid in the space that surrounds the forks. I attached it with some self adhesive velcro and it doesn't interfere with any of the controls or steering.

The picture shows the Iphone case just fitted loose, that was before I installed all the wires etc.

hi Dave and Rocker, wow is the wind protection with the touring screen? Where does the wind hit you and how tall are you? I think I saw a comparison picture on CalSci.com, comparing the Honda OEM, Honda Touring, and the Sporty CalSci (tallest). Trying to decide which one would work for me.

hi Dave and Rocker, wow is the wind protection with the touring screen? Where does the wind hit you and how tall are you? I think I saw a comparison picture on CalSci.com, comparing the Honda OEM, Honda Touring, and the Sporty CalSci (tallest). Trying to decide which one would work for me.

I find the wind protection is good but it is also noisier as the turbulence is more at helmet height, I raised my screen an extra inch by adapting the fitting to use the upper mounting holes. I would like to have tried all the screens available before I bought one but that's not possible.

I notice that the German Polizei are using the NC700X fitted with the Puig Touring Screen, it would be interesting to know if they compared it with the Honda one or if it was just price. They fitted the Honda panniers which are more expensive that other suppliers so it maybe that the Puig version was better.

I had the Honda Touring Screen mounted on my bike for one day, and one day only. My experience was that the buffeting and noise was awful, on the border to not be bearable. I returned the screen to the dealer the day after. From 50km/h and up the low frequency buffeting started to push my helmet and also added these low frequency sound that goes with the turbulence. I do hope that the Puig I have ordered give some better result. If not I will first try to add distances to the two top bolts on the screen, and the next step if that wont help is to actually cut off the top of the screen, bit by bit until I find the optimal solution. I hope that I not end up with a Puig that looks like the Honda stock screen... :)

I'm 5' 9" and it works quite well for me. That's not to say that others might not work better. For instance I was content with the Honda touring screen on my Crossrunner until I rode one with a Puig fitted. This was even better so I chaged to one.
With the Honda screen on the X I find most of the wind hits ne around the shoulder area.

I find the wind protection is good but it is also noisier as the turbulence is more at helmet height, I raised my screen an extra inch by adapting the fitting to use the upper mounting holes. I would like to have tried all the screens available before I bought one but that's not possible.

I notice that the German Polizei are using the NC700X fitted with the Puig Touring Screen, it would be interesting to know if they compared it with the Honda one or if it was just price. They fitted the Honda panniers which are more expensive that other suppliers so it maybe that the Puig version was better.

I have the same problem...the wind is hitting at my helmet and causing high pitch wind noise which is annoying at some times. 3-4 inches higher might solve the problem...but i am not sure adding a spoiler will work. I have checked the MRA spoiler but it doesn't fit our narrow screen. lastly the universal spoiler from Touratech will leave a vertical gap between the spoiler and screen, so i am not sure if this might cause any problem. And Touratech informed they cannot recommend as they have yet to test one.
how did you adapt the fittings to fit the the upper mounting holes? i will try this first.
I am 5'7" btw.
PS My last option would be the Calsci screen which should solve the problem but i would waste the money for the honda screen. Also maybe some trimming needed for the barkuster handguards which i have installed..

I have the same problem...the wind is hitting at my helmet and causing high pitch wind noise which is annoying at some times. 3-4 inches higher might solve the problem...but i am not sure adding a spoiler will work. I have checked the MRA spoiler but it doesn't fit our narrow screen. lastly the universal spoiler from Touratech will leave a vertical gap between the spoiler and screen, so i am not sure if this might cause any problem. And Touratech informed they cannot recommend as they have yet to test one.
how did you adapt the fittings to fit the the upper mounting holes? i will try this first.
I am 5'7" btw.
PS My last option would be the Calsci screen which should solve the problem but i would waste the money for the honda screen. Also maybe some trimming needed for the barkuster handguards which i have installed..

heck, maybe i should DIY, and just cut a piece of acrylic and add on top...:D

heck, maybe i should DIY, and just cut a piece of acrylic and add on top...:D

Or the bottom.

I had the exact same problem with the screen on my F800ST. Bad helmet buffeting and incredible windnoise. But instead of spending way more $$$ than I wanted, for a spoiler that may even make things worse for all I knew, I just made a "base" plate, attached it to the bike's stock windscreen mounts, and then bolted the shield to the new base plate, but now it was positioned a few inches higher up.

I fluked out I guess, but it worked perfectly first experimental try. :)

It cost me $3.00 (a scrap piece of hardboard panel from Home Depot), and about maybe an hour's total labour effort. (a pencil, hacksaw and a kettle of boiling water to help steam the wood to form an arc matching the OEM screen)

Totally removable, and it left no trace once I took it off. Three torx screw and 20 seconds, to put it on or off.

I'm sure a very similar thing could be made for the NCX. Note, this was simply an first trial run experiment, that I was going to replicate using better materials, like Lexan, or thin aluminum, or even fibreglass or carbon fibre, if it worked.

After painting the hardboard to make it waterproof for my shakedown test trip (a little over 3,000 km's) though, I just ended up leaving it as it was, and putting it on or off as I wanted, for city non-use or highway trips of any lengthier distance.

Now trust me, I know. I'm not saying this is the be all-end all, or everyone's cup of tea, but at least it's a cheap 'n easy way to see if varying heights of windscreens can help or hinder, without having to pay for an expensive windscreen not knowing the outcome first.

I was also undecided if I wanted to space the windshield out from the base plate with thicker rubber washers, to allow an air gap for laminar flow up the backside of the screen, or to add the same thickness of material to the outside of the base plate, to bring the level flush with the outside of the screen, for smoother flow on the front. I ended up trading in my F800 for the NCX before I was able to continue my experiments though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back