• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone seen one of the Can-Am spyder Trikes?

I was able to test drive the 1100 when these first hit the streets. They are fun, except when taking a corner. I would prefer a motorcycle over the spyder anyday.

I have a 2012 RS version, and enjoy it. Although, since I got my NC, it is not used as much as before.

If the gas mileage was better, I would probably ride it more, but at 23-25 mpg, I am better off taking my car.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379759892.194185.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379759892.194185.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 88
I didn't realize they were that bad on gas. There is dealer in North Little Rock and I have always thought about going there to test one out. I just assumed they got close to the typical motorcycle mpg's. I already own two vehicles that are bad on fuel. No use in adding another.

For a brief time I considered one one as a year-round vehicle, until I saw their price on the used market and learned of the very over-bearing traction control system they have. Basically if it detects any rear wheel slip at all it cuts power. I'm sure there are ways around that, but likely at the cost of something like ABS. You can get snow tires for them though, so go figure.

I've test ridden Spyders three or four times. Simply not interested at all.

A three wheeler and a two wheeler are 100% totally different rides. One counter steers, the other does not. One has a single track, the other has three tracks. One leans, the other does not.

On a single track leaning machine, there are no lateral forces felt by the rider. Whether straight or in a curve, the machine is always balanced side to side (unless you're about to crash). On a three wheeler you feel and fight all the side to side forces as well as the front to back and vertical forces. And when the three wheeler is on an uneven surface, all three tracks are independently following all the contours of the road, so the machine "jiggles". My wife hated the ride quality. She said it was too jiggly.

The gas mileage the Spyder gets is easily beaten by many small cars. They get mileage in the thirties.

You either like three wheelers or you don't. I don't, but some day if I can't ride a two wheeler, I'll first get an MP3, then break down and switch to three wheels. It ain't pretty but it beats not riding at all.

Greg
Agree with your sentiment having also test ridden a CanAm. One correction of common misconception though. If you can't ride a two wheeler, you can't ride an MP3. They are heavier than an NC and must be balanced unless stopped.

Agree with your sentiment having also test ridden a CanAm. One correction of common misconception though. If you can't ride a two wheeler, you can't ride an MP3. They are heavier than an NC and must be balanced unless stopped.

You're right about that. My bad. I was in the past investigating the MP3 as a ride solution for my inseam challenged wife. I remember now that they were heavy scooters, and that the lean locking feature was not to be relied upon to hold the bike upright at a stop. All that's needed was to one time forget to hit the button at a stop, and you fall over.

Greg

There are CanAm Spyders all over the place here. Never ridden one, but they're a bit awkward to sit on.

Last edited:
sorry guys but cam am is one ugly machine but I would have this!!!!!!!!!!!
honda_goldwing_trike.jpg

My wife wants one of these, but the price tag hanging off them is unreal :D

"Hanging off", LOL. That's what you need to do when you corner with a three wheeler. Or is it
hanging on" . .

Greg

I've looked at them from time to time. If they ever adopted a front suspension like that on the Piaggio MP3 (which I very nearly bought) I'd be all over it. If Piaggio had a bigger dealer network I would have ended up on one for sure.

35GileraFUOCO500ie.jpg_w500.jpg

I almost ended up with one of those too. However, my wife said she would dis-own me if I bought a scooter.

J...

If you want to see some asskicking 3 wheels, type '' Campagna T-REX '' on google...crazy machines !

I've seen pictures of those. I think it has a Kawasaki 1400cc engine. Your seated but it is still a bike with three wheels.

Back