• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Arkansas rides on and off road

I love that road. I took it all the way into Talahina (sp) last year .

When it gets to 259, if you go south to Hwy 63 then head to Muse, one mile before you get to Muse on the right is a little place called Billy Creek.
It's a nice little out-of-the-way camp spot.

Oh that highway. Yes, it's nice too. The best time I've found to ride over there is in mid-October BEFORE the leaves start to change......it's empty. It seems as if everyone is waiting to see color in leaves and wait until that happens to venture over there. I've been on it twice during that time of the year and have ridden the entire road from Clayton Lake, Ok back to Mena without running up behind anyone. Awesome!

I'm ready for Autumn already.
Mike

Looks like this may be a good week to ride in Arkansas/Oklahoma, it seems the weather is cooling off. Bama, I want to see some off road on your crf.

Looks like this may be a good week to ride in Arkansas/Oklahoma, it seems the weather is cooling off. Bama, I want to see some off road on your crf.

Weather was good this weekend. Waiting on protective parts to come in for the CRF before I take it on stuff harder than what I take the NC on. It still has the new bike smell to it. Took it on a 60 mile ride Sunday so it now has over 100 miles on it! Brakes are finally bedding in so it will stop. Felt like drum brakes to begin with.

19250815235_b6a0fa0bef_z.jpg

88 to OK 1 is one of my favorite day rides. Stop in Talihina for lunch, then go back the other way :D

So I rolled out early yesterday and had a great ride till I got about 10 miles out from Talihina. I had seen some detours signs earlier, but this one got my attention :)

roadclosedOK1_zpsmybyvw09.jpg

Apparently the road caved in and they are busy fixing it, but it looks like it will be a few weeks before it's ready.

roadclosedOK1closeup_zps5awlrx1d.jpg

It's quite a ways from the 259 intersection, so FYI

2 weekends ago we had a camp n ride. I wound up being the only big bike so I rode the route alone. We were in the Mena, AR area and camped at Queen Wilhimena State Park.

[video=youtube;f0VMyh4U3lE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0VMyh4U3lE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Real nice ride, looked like lots of fun. Where was that, it didn't look like Wolf Pen? Should have been on the 250, I'm still watching for that video.

For Ed Up, some CRF250l video. This was my first time on single track and rough atv trails on the CRF.

First the bloopers video

[video=youtube;F2BRu5KsWBQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2BRu5KsWBQ[/video]

And now the vide where I look a little better. I don't have a skidplate yet so I was taking it slow in some areas.....not that I would have been able to go much faster anyhow.

[video=youtube;mCPHjSJFfHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCPHjSJFfHY[/video]

Riding single track is very different from what I'm used to riding. By the end of the day I hurt from head to toe and could barely move the next day.

Man o Man! That looks like a hard but fun day.
I remember my Suzuki 125 days as a kid. I don't think I went on any single tracks that tree-strewn!

Thanks Bama, I enjoyed the clips. I could see you riding better and better as the film rolled. My dirt bike is not street legal and my back tire is not an aggressive knobby. I only run 12-15 lbs of air in it. That helps a lot with the log crossing and traction on rocks. I know it's hard to find rocks around here, but if you do it helps. Now i'm gonna have to get mine out, watching looked so fun. Sure beats going to the gym, it hurts so good. Be safe.

I aired down to about 12 rear and 14 front. Probably need rim locks so I can go lower and the stock tires are more road and gravel oriented. Kind of like a small bike version of a TKC80. It was a very muddy day. We had gotten a couple of inches the day before. Duane didn't take me to the hard stuff. They have 5 "merit badge" hills to climb. It will be a while before I try them. Talking with some other guys we met at the camp, they run trials tires with tubeless and large rear sprockets.
I hate going to the gym but I'd do that kind of workout every day.

Back