• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

At least I walked away...

Sounds like you'll be ok. I'm to hear your not banged up. That sudden unconscious tensing up during the first instant can do a number, especially as we get older. Keep us posted on how you and your bike make out.

Sounds like you'll be ok. I'm to hear your not banged up. That sudden unconscious tensing up during the first instant can do a number, especially as we get older. Keep us posted on how you and your bike make out.

Yeah, thankfully I didn't really see it coming. So I didn't tense up prior to the hit. If I remember correctly I was just starting to accelerate after slowing down when I took the hit. Think that's why I didn't get impacted too hard.

Bike should get towed to the shop on Tuesday. Hope that they can fix it and get it road worthy again. I've got a SW-Motech Skid plate and a Wilbers rear shock en-route!

In my opinion there is nothing scarier that getting rear ended on a bike. You don't always see those coming so it is hard to take any evasive maneuvers. Just the thought of it makes me cringe. Glad you’re Ok and hope the bike gets repaired soon.

I almost got rear ended at a light yesterday. First real ride of the year and very windy. I had just pulled up to stop light and looked down at the speedo/mileage when a HUGE cloud of tire smoke goes rolling past me from behind. A quick look in my mirror is filled with pickup truck grill. I never heard a thing because of the wind (I'm guessing). I can't believe I didn't freak out. Everyone at the intersection had the old bug-eyed drop jawed look. Not much I could do other than drive away when the light turned green then look for a Wal-Mart and a new pair of skivvies. Whew....

I almost got rear ended at a light yesterday. First real ride of the year and very windy. I had just pulled up to stop light and looked down at the speedo/mileage when a HUGE cloud of tire smoke goes rolling past me from behind. A quick look in my mirror is filled with pickup truck grill. I never heard a thing because of the wind (I'm guessing). I can't believe I didn't freak out. Everyone at the intersection had the old bug-eyed drop jawed look. Not much I could do other than drive away when the light turned green then look for a Wal-Mart and a new pair of skivvies. Whew....

Wow! That sounds like a close call! Glad there was no impact and you were able to ride away from that.

There's been a few threads on here before about do you, stay in gear with the clutch in at a stop light or keep it in neutral. I always keep it in gear with my hand on the clutch just incase I see something in my mirrors coming too fast behind me. Then I might have a chance to get out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm sure many of us do this but whenever I'm stopped at a light I flash my brake light when I notice someone approaching from behind. Even with that I have had a few cars get uncomfortably close. Of course the brake light won't help if someone is texting or distracted on the phone or just not paying attention but we gotta do all we can.

Dang, just got off the phone with the dealership to let them know that the bike would be towed to their shop today. They then informed me that they are about 3 weeks out on work. So even if they had all the parts to fix it in stock, it would be at least 3 weeks before riding again.

Did you inquire about possibility of a loaner? I have not had this issue with Honda, but other dealers have been willing to do this when there is delay on their end. Also your insurance may authorize since the at fault vehicle will be paying the subrogated claim. Or you could use the opportunity to add another bike to your garage... Best of luck.

Did you inquire about possibility of a loaner? I have not had this issue with Honda, but other dealers have been willing to do this when there is delay on their end. Also your insurance may authorize since the at fault vehicle will be paying the subrogated claim. Or you could use the opportunity to add another bike to your garage... Best of luck.

I assume other guy's insurance is paying. Reasonable to require them to provide transportation for you. May not get a motorcycle out of them but if you need it you can get a car. You should have no out of pocket costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought about that, but I leave for Mississippi in a week for some training for work and will be gone for a week. So, getting a loaner bike isn't really that big of a deal. Plus I still have my car so, I'm not hurting for transportation. Insurance already offered to get me a rental car, but I declined.

Well, went by the dealership today to see the bike and talk to the people there. Damage doesn't look too bad. Took some pictures, but for some reason Tapatalk is giving me problems uploading photos and attachments. So I uploaded the pics I took to my Flickr account and posted a link below. On the bright side I should have the bike back around the time I get back from Mississippi for work.

https://flic.kr/p/rYDZB3

https://flic.kr/p/rYLZpV

Last edited:
Brown truck of joy showed up today.
8cd883307fd8e653e3b9a727e4572e89.jpg

ddad889e4f5d396e695b509f6caee85c.jpg

New shock is here. Skid plate arrived two weeks ago, but no bike still. Thankfully only cosmetic damage. So, once the police report is released we can get the guy who caused it's insurance company to pay for the repairs. Hopefully soon.

being rear ended by bikes that's freaking weird...were they blind or it was on purpose

That's a great strategy for filtering, if you don't care about yourself or others.
I know it's a minority of riders, but I find myself shaking my head at some of the things I've seen.

a35bd5d4c7a0a7f8d521857fedf68584.jpg

Bike is finally back home! Yay! LOL

Been going through some serious withdrawals in this past month. Glad to finally have my NC back. Damages were came to less than $500. At fault party apparently didn't have insurance and the damage was less than my deductible. So I had to pay for it myself. Which sucks, but that's why I keep a rainy day fund. Just glad to back on two wheels. Looks like a busy weekend ahead of me. Got the skid plate and Wilber's shock to mount up now.

Back