• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Austin here we come

Hmcp88

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So we left jacksonville florida this morning for circuit of the America's! We got to Lafayette Louisiana as the rain and cold began... Good news is decent fuel mileage (57ish) and flawless performance from the nc for 646 miles of 75-80mph interstate pounding! Another 400 miles to go tomorrow gotta leave early to make the track walk!

Are your tickets good for all three days of action? That would be a great way to spend a weekend.
If so, are you camping, hoteling it, or other accomodations? Just curious.
Nice on covering most of the way in the first day. Makes for a good mindset on day 2 knowing you're on the downside of the hill.

I just got the Sunday/race day ticket for 8-18 at Indy. No Friday or Saturday action.

Enjoy the racing! I will be watching it on SPEED network on Sunday.

Last edited:
You're probably across the state line by now, so welcome to Texas! The weekend weather is supposed to be near perfect. I'm not sure of ur route, but if you stay on I-10 to Columbus and then take Hwy 71 to Austin you will start hitting rolling hills NW of Columbus...should be a welcome break from the flat coastal areas! Keep us posted!

Stopped for lunch in Houston... Freezing and feeling like I've been beaten up by this wind. 180 miles to go!

Stopped for lunch in Houston... Freezing and feeling like I've been beaten up by this wind. 180 miles to go!

Hang in there, the sun should be popping out anytime now -- especially after you turn north, though that will be into the wind....

It's chilly in Austin right now too, but the clouds have cleared that area and the sun is shining. High today around 70, mid 70's tomorrow & upper 70's Sunday. Watch out for the crazies on Houston roads!

the wonderful HOV lane is your friend.

I wish that were true. I work downtown and live just outside of the NE 610 loop. Using the I-45 N HOV would make the distance and time significantly longer than the regular freeways and side streets without much of a bump in safety so far as I can tell.:(

Corbin was great, I started feeling alittle pain after like 200 miles in but... The pain never got worse and it was never anything you couldn't fix by finding a new spot on the seat. The new spot would always do for 30-40 miles which for me was good. The stock seat made my butt numb for a whole night after a 400 mile day. So to sum it up the Corbin did fantastic!

Well we made it back today almost 2300 miles total and I'm ready for a nap lol. I ended up having to repair the rear tire on Sunday morning as we were headed to the track. I rolled the bike off the center stand and she wouldn't move a bit. My brand new Michelin had a screw in the dead center and the tire was super flat... Luckily I bought a slim tire repair kit and my buddy had a pump stored on his Harley. I'm not one to endorse "rat tail" tire repairs but at the time it seemed like the only solution. The repair went well and we were on our way in 10 short minutes. I continually checked the tire pressure every time we stopped on the way home and she never dropped even a pound so I figure if it works for 1100 miles at 75mph ill run it as long as it works. I can't see buying a new tire already. The bike never even skipped a beat on the way home and started every time, flawlessly riding i10. The only complaint I have is inconsistent and poor fuel mileage at those speeds. My mileage dropped to 47 mpg at one point and hovered 56mpg most of the time. This bike does 65 mpg all day when commuting so I'm alittle disappointed in the fuel mapping of this bike. It's almost like its dumping fuel in on the interstate and nothing I do can change it, I tried slowing down alittle but it only went up 3mpg so I didn't see the point in riding slower. The chain is also getting changed this week. At 13k I'm surprised to be changing a chain already since I got 31k out of my cbr1000rr's chain but the tight spots are now so bad I can feel it surging badly in the lower gears. A bad choice by Honda on the chain but we will see how much better a Regina chain does. It's a maintenance thing so it doesn't bother me like I said just surprised to be doing it already. All in all a great trip I would recommend to anyone. If you haven't seen a motogp live it should be a bucket list item for all!

Almost forgot the adapter plate finally came in for my sw motech stuff.. A little too late for the trip but the staff at Rocky Mountain Atv mc did everything they could to help the situation.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366763226.077189.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366763238.737706.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366763249.694179.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366763266.379597.jpg

Just for comparison, my interstate travel at 75 mph gets me about 60 mpg.

Glad to hear the trip was a good one for ya. That track was much more exciting
to watch a race on versus the previous ones on the schedule this year.

I was planning on taking my strapped on gear with me to watch the Indy race
to hopefully prevent theft. The one pic of yours looks like in the moto parking lot, people
are trusting and leave their easily accessed gear on the bike when they watch the race. Is
that the norm? It would be nice to leave all my "pack" gear on the bike, but i would be up
the creek if a thief decided to steal my stuff.

Last edited:
Just for comparison, my interstate travel at 75 mph gets me about 60 mpg.

Glad to hear the trip was a good one for ya. That track was much more exciting
to watch a race on versus the previous ones on the schedule this year.

I was planning on taking my strapped on gear with me to watch the Indy race
to hopefully prevent theft. The one pic of yours looks like in the moto parking lot, people
are trusting and leave their easily accessed gear on the bike when they watch the race. Is
that the norm? It would be nice to leave all my "pack" gear on the bike, but i would be up
the creek if a thief decided to steal my stuff.

I didn't leave anything but a helmet locked on mine. There were people leaving sidi boots sitting next to their bikes which I thought was effin crazy but they were still there after the races. There were lots of track personal around though. I wouldn't recommend leaving anything you won't miss sitting around.

Back