• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Auxiliary light prototype

I have always heard/read and believe that separating the lights as far from the main headlight is the best way to mount them IF your main intent is to be BE SEEN by others, rather than light up the road at night.
When the aux lights are too close to the headlight, they may be seen from a distance as simply a slightly larger headlight and consequently do not stand out from the crowd.
When the aux lights are spread farther apart, then the lights appear as individual, forming a beautiful triangle which definitely stands out in a pack of vehicles.
Here I a pic of my 35W MOTOLIGHTS, which I removed from my BMW R1200RT before selling it, attached low on my forks, to show what I mean.

Attachments

• 20140602_110653a.jpg
    20140602_110653a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 391
My main purpose is to light up the road. I live in the country side where I need to see better at night

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I like the reflective tape on the handguards... I'm going to have to put some on my handguards when I get home tonight.

Is the bracket just screwed into the beak plastic?

He's probably got it mounted to the place where the Honda light bar mounts under the beak. Pretty clever. I would have done something similar (still might) if I hadn't mounted aux LED spots to the forks. The extra light definitely help both light and visibility.

That second attempt is looking pretty good. Once you nail down the final project, could you give us a peek at the hardware?

This how I attached the bracket to the front
607b37e9f3ae7b56f2e6cd268a4815d7.jpg
zip ties[emoji6]

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Back